Large Scale Central

Grade-Brain Fart

Hey Guys, help a dummy out…figuring grade?

So I have a 31’ run with 16” difference in grade from top to bottom…so you divide the difference (16”) by the length (31’)…is that right???

.where does that put me X%?

4.3%???

thanks

cale

Yup! Rise over run, so 16 / (31*12) = .043

thanks Bob, that is what I thought, that is doable for me!

end of dumb questions this week!

Good Morning Carl,
While this statement is off topic it has to be said,: You are nearly a Dead Ringer
for Australias National Cricket Team Captain!.

But you obviously have more Brains, Your into Garden Railways, He is Not!!. ;-}

Sorry,
Regards,
John.
Western Australia.

John Richards said:
Good Morning Carl, While this statement is off topic it has to be said,: You are nearly a Dead Ringer for Australias National Cricket Team Captain!.

But you obviously have more Brains, Your into Garden Railways, He is Not!!. ;-}

Sorry,
Regards,
John.
Western Australia.

John not so sure about “Cricket” although I once did eat a Chocolate Covered Grasshopper…oh well there goes the brains!

cale

(http://www.health-fitness.com.au/images/ricky-ponting11.jpg)

he does favor my late grandfather! but my wife is much more attractive!

(http://www.samaw.com/infohub/cricket/ricky-ponting-wife.jpg)

Cale,
How is the railroad relocation work coming along? Taking pictures I hope.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
Cale, How is the railroad relocation work coming along? Taking pictures I hope. Ralph
like most things around here that are done for fun...it's been cancelled, just went through Big restructure at our biz, so who knows...been looking at the existing layout (where the question for this thread came from) may just leave it where it is and try to rectify issues instead of building a new area where the biggest expense would be the retaining wall....
Cale Nelson said:
Ralph Berg said:
Cale, How is the railroad relocation work coming along? Taking pictures I hope. Ralph
like most things around here that are done for fun...it's been cancelled, just went through Big restructure at our biz, so who knows...been looking at the existing layout (where the question for this thread came from) may just leave it where it is and try to rectify issues instead of building a new area where the biggest expense would be the retaining wall....
Sorry to hear things are not going as you hoped. You are not alone. Many of us have had to cancel plans or cut back. On the bright side: It will probably a lot less work to fix what you have. And your "downtime" should be reduced. Ralph

no sweat (bad pun)…with the influx of baby#4 (now 14 weeks) all work outside of pure survival has ceased anyways! it’s fun though, I really hope to get another loop down over the winter (I hate Summertime and have no desire to sweat to the oldies for a GRR)…so my work season has arrived! I have gone over some pretty exciting ideas in me head, but getting them in the dirt will be a whole nuther dealio! besides I have about 3 or 4 engines that need converting as well…I’ve got plenty of work for years to come!

like most; at first I thought I’d have a great empire worthy of a GRy cover in less than 6 months…now, I really don’t care…my kids like to run a train now and then, so it’s all good! as they get older and can contribute, it’ll be even more enjoyable!

cale

Cale, good attitude! I’m glad to hear you’re having fun with what ya got.