Large Scale Central

Got Trees? You need this

Okay, I’ll admit, a guy with the name “Dieseldude” should never post anything in a gardening forum. Ever. But, lately we’ve been revamping the entire layout and several of our big old maple trees needed some serious pruning. After reading some reviews, I bought this…

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-hp-electric-pole-saw-68862.html

Holy guacamole! It almost made trimming trees fun, again. For years I’ve used the tried and true extendable manual tree pruning saw. Not no more. No sir. No more stiff neck from looking up and sawing all afternoon. I felt like Obi Won Kenobi. I can still hear his faint voice in the background, “Use the Force… Better yet, use the electric pole saw.”

Live long and prosper… and get one of these things.

-Kevin.

dieseldude . said:… and get one of these things.

And a really long extension cord!

Cool! Electric is a good choice. No trouble starting, no mixing fuel, no maintenance other than lube.

Jon Radder said:

dieseldude . said:… and get one of these things.

And a really long extension cord!

Cool! Electric is a good choice. No trouble starting, no mixing fuel, no maintenance other than lube.

…and it’s light weight…:wink:

i have a similar Remington unit. The HF is a better bargain. I use mine down here on the farm. We put the little genny in the Lawn-Mower trailer to keep the cord short, and pull it around from tree to tree. The 4wheeler pulls a larger trailer and picks up the mess.

the saw is Handy!

Kevin,

I accept your gardening tip. You made it manly and even used both star wars and star trek references.

Your macho is intact

I prefer using the kid who lives down the street. He can accomplish more in a given time than I can, and frees up more time for workin’ on the railroad.

Devon Sinsley said:

Kevin,

I accept your gardening tip. You made it manly and even used both star wars and star trek references.

Your macho is intact

Devon-

May the Force (of the electric pole saw) be with you!

-Kevin.

And (for some us) … please always be aware of your overhead electrical distribution lines.

Ooooor you might just have a close encounter of a power, almost as strong and life-changing as “the force” :wink:

That’s a good price for one of those. Looks like all of the reviews were on the positive side.