Large Scale Central

Golden spike

I had the Golden Spike ceremony [actually a golden split-jaw] on my Double tracking Phase I project today. 150ft of track had improved concrete or HDPE ladder roadbed with an additional new 65 ft of track. Eight new switches were installed and the layout [with the exception of one section of 6.5ft] now has a min. 8ft min. diameter turns. The 8, 10, and 12 ft diameter curves, excepting 4-8ft curve sections, were hand bent with a Train-LI RailBender.
Soon Phase II will begin, including reduction of grades and double tracking the other end of the layout, including the West end of the central spur. Targeted completetion for Phase II is before Thanksgiving 2006.
PhaseIII will include a lake, waterfall and third/forth independent loops. Targeted completetion for Phase III is early summer, 2008.
The F3 Warbonnet Streamliners had the honors of plowing the leaves [layout is under 22 mature trees] and making the first run.

http://www.wagrs.net/2.html
JimC.

Jim,

To you goes the congratulations. May you enjoy your work for many years. Feels good doesn’t it?

Jim
Congrats!!!
photos ,PLEASE…

Congrats to your railroad , the first of many train operations .

Congrats, and best wishes to you for many happy hours of railroading!

And you were too excited to take any pictures?

Tom Ruby said:
And you were too excited to take any pictures?
And just how excited would you be, Tom, if you were running the Santa Fe Super Chief on your brand new layout.....:D

Way to go Jim. Many happy miles of railroading to you!! :slight_smile:

Warren

Tom Ruby Today 07:39:30 MST And you were too excited to take any pictures? _____________________________________________________________________ Actually, I have been working untill after dark each evening, making picture taking difficult. Marty and all, Here are pictures of the progress Marty inspired me towards.

htthttp://1stclass.mylargescale.com/pimanjc/DblTrk-MLS%20Folder/DblTrk-Eloop-filled-ballast-1519r.jpg

The track grades have been greatly reduced in this area. The siding was lengthened five feet.

The deadend West switches will be connected to the outer loop as part of Phase II.

And at last I get to run trains…

JimC.

Very nice!

Looks great, Jim…very nice…

Thanks for the nice words. Phase II was started today. Excavation and leveling were a challange. As part of Phase I, the “WidowMaker Curve” [inside curve] was modified to have min - 8ft diameter curves. The village of “Ozark,” had to be moved back closer to the “mountain.” The headwaters of the river will need to be rebuilt to pass through the concrete roadbed. I haven’t figured out exactly how I want to do that. Any suggestions?

JimC.