Large Scale Central

Getting rail RANT

ok well i ordered code 205 rail from Niagara central Hobbes back in early Dec ,it was to be in just after x-mas but it wasn’t .I was told it was on back order,then they said they were having a hard time finding it for me,when i said i could have had it in a week from micro Eng…they told me i should have grabbed it.Well i told them i was waiting for them,as they are the locol shop and i was trying to support them,they told me another 3 weeks.I have to say i have had anuff the layout expansion is on hold as it the leads for the new locomotive shed,so after i got of the phone with NCH I called Micro Eng they have me the rail by the end of the week.Now i didn’t cancel the rail from NCH cuz i figer by the time it gets in i will need more

What really chaps my a** is many of these dealers will charge your credit card in full when you place the order…knowing full well you won’t receive your merchandise for months.
Ralph

haha no a least i didn’t have to put anything down at NCH

I refused to take payment on something before I shipped it. Perhaps that’s why I now work for a golf company. :smiley:

Tom Ruby said:
I refused to take payment on something before I shipped it. Perhaps that's why I now work for a golf company. :D
I don't mind being charged a deposit. But paying in full for something that won't ship for 8 weeks or more pisses me off. Ralph

Some companies will always backorder and take a deposit on the card. If you grow impatient with the waiting and cancel the order, then you lose the deposit. Good way to make money. Ridge Road always gave me the option of backordering and always asked first, which any respectable company should do.

There is one company who still promise next day delivery and yet most know that the items promised are out of production. I would never backorder an Aristo or USA Trains item, as they are made in batches and if not immediately available, it could be several years, if ever, before a new production run.

well i figgered the $10 more for UPS is worth it to have it in a couple day and let them handle the customs I’ll still half to pay the duty

WOOHOOOo my rails here sent Tuesday-got here in Canada by Friday