Over the past 5 years I have been collecting bits and pieces for one of my want to do’s. After finally getting most of the materials together and figuring more research would be a waste of time I got started. I pulled my donor engine out of it’s box and got to work.(Finally going under the knife Ralph ;))
First up after dismantling the donor was a new frame, which was cut from 1/4" acrylic along with recreating truck mounts out of the same.
I figured out which circuitry I wanted to keep and drilled corresponding holes,
I found I needed some odd size tubing for the stock weights and lucked out with some scrap string tie ends that were perfect.So these were cut for the job.
Here they are holding the weights.
Next was to start cutting the pieces. These are out of some .125 thick plastic from a tub enclosure
All of the main side pieces were cut.
Next up were the forms for the nose and the main part of the rear roof and tail.All of which will need to be sanded to shape.
With the side piece in place.
As I get time to work on it I’ll post updates.