Large Scale Central

George's GIRR -> Chevy Volt Review

Nearly everyone knows of George Schreyer’s Geologically Improbable Railroad website. In a small class of master modelers who have hacked, stacked, smacked, smashed & bashed large scale trains to get the absolute maximum information about our models online.

While hunting info for some of the model projects I’ve got planned, I visited George’s site today and noticed an non-train page on the Chevy Volt. Expecting a “This is a Chevy Volt, see the volt use no gas. Good Volt,” page, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a page with as much detailed analysis of the Volt and its power systems as George dedicated to every piece of equipment he’s given us info about in trains.

Its an interesting topic, including the dissertation on finding the value of the purchase to how much money he saves in reduced gas combustion.

If you have any interest in the Chevy Volt, or any electric/hybrid electric car for that matter, you owe it to yourself to check out his page: http://www.girr.org/random_stuff/volt.html

-J.D.

Its the Bible of Largescale Model Railroading.