Large Scale Central

Friends of the East Broad Top Annual Fall Reunion

With Columbus Day Weekend fast approaching, it’s time once again for the Friends of the East Broad Top Annual Fall Reunion. Beginning with registration and activities on Friday October 6 in Robertsdale, PA including rail bikes up the recently opened track to the mine sites. There will be a presentation on the plan to rebuild Saltillo Station followed by a Pizza dinner and a business meeting. The main events are on Saturday and Sunday. In addition to the regularly scheduled steam trains, a Photo Freight will run early and Motor car M1 will make several trips as will Motor Car M3. The Rockhill Trolley Museum will run their Fall Spectacular on Saturday. Friends Members will have a shops open house and a banquet dinner on Saturday plus additional activities on all three days.

This is a great time to visit as there will be so much stuff running. Beginning in the year 2000, I made this trip every year for 10 years then took a break while my youngest was in college, then the RR shut down. Last year’s trip was my first time back in 10 years and it was great!

We will be making a vacation trip out of it. Camping all week on Raystown Lake and making two trips to the Maryland Scenic RR on Wednesday and Thursday meeting up with Ralph Berg for both WMSR and EBT.

We would love to see you there. PM me for my cell number if you plan on going.

I think I might be in …

The periods to make for the 20 character limit