Large Scale Central

Freight (paper boxes)

Thanks Korm, printed some off on heavy paper to try out.

jb

Korm,
I kicked up the resolution and used some pix I found online that were higher rez. Had fun with it. I even made a real big box to cover up the 9.6v battery pack I use in my Bachman Rail Truck. Here’s some of yours I re-did.
Hmm, loaded real big. If anyone wants it they can email me and I’ll email it back.

Jerry,
i went the other way round. i selected logos for their fame or their big letters. (a coca cola sign can be very blurry but is recognized)
what also helps is printing in "best"mode.
many years in a theatre group teached me, that it is by no way desirably to recreate reality - it is far better to create an illusion of reality. the viewer’s mind, his phantasy is “part” of the layout too.

my daughters finished some of the new boxes.

nice work Korm

Korm, Here’s a shot of my rail truck with the boxes I made inside. I made a big one to cover up the battery pack. It is lettered that it is a pool table.

(http://www.mylargescale.com/1stclass/JerryBarnes/RtrkBox.JPG)

genius!
a pool table. i got one on the back porch, but i would never have thought about it as freight.

it looks very nice. you were right, the remake of the labels was worth it.

btw, i got slight colour differences by printing some boxes on white and some on beige cardboard. (on beige the labels get even less clear)

at the moment i am trying to find some stuff, that can be printed, but stays flexible enough, to make printed sacks.

Korm, that ink jet vinyl is fairly flexible. Could make labels and stick it on a cloth bag, one of my bags up above has that, just can’t see it. I got the bags from another guy, so not sure of who ever made them, they are cloth and stuffed with something.

i was thinking along the line to tape some fine cloth to sturdy paper for printing.
(but i won’t try it with the new printer…)

today i did a quick little trial. two vegetable boxes. at former intents i had a lot of failures. the thicker bottom-board did the job. now they are stable enough.

Jerry Barnes said:
Korm, that ink jet vinyl is fairly flexible. Could make labels and stick it on a cloth bag, one of my bags up above has that, just can't see it. I got the bags from another guy, so not sure of who ever made them, they are cloth and stuffed with something.
Jerry and All,

Jan made some stuffed bags and used a little printing kit, she got from Staples, called a “Deluxe Stamp Kit” to print with ink on the bags before stuffing.

Whats in the bags???

David Russell said:
Whats in the bags???
It's a surprise.... you can't open it till your birthday..... :)

Do we still have birthdays? I forgot!

Andy Clarke said:
David Russell said:
Whats in the bags???
It's a surprise.... you can't open it till your birthday..... :)
Aaaawwwww.....Come on!!!

David Russell said:

Andy Clarke said:

David Russell said:
Whats in the bags???

It’s a surprise… you can’t open it till your birthday… :slight_smile:

Aaaawwwww…Come on!!!

here you can see, what’s in them bags:

Doug Arnold said:
Do we still have birthdays? I forgot!
Trips around the sun, about the same time every year.
Korm Kormsen said:
i was thinking along the line to tape some fine cloth to sturdy paper for printing. (but i won't try it with the new printer...)
Ask at a quilt shop, they have stuff to do that. http://www.electricquilt.com/shop/printing/fabric.asp

that looks interesting.

i’ll look around, if i can get this stuff down here.

done - as far as possible. :man_mechanic:

2 Likes