Large Scale Central

Fools Gold-Truck full of track

“Blessed” is how I like to describe myself, even when it comes to simple things like trains… Recently thru the inet I came across a gent in North West GA who was selling “It All”…so I bought it! Here is a photo of our Bounty:

and a list of the goods: (I think it is all here-quick inventory) 24 pieces 60"track. 1 piece has been cut to 18" a 19.5 degree crossing 3 rh 30300 turnouts 3 lh 30350 turnouts 2 rh 30370 turnouts(NIB) 2 lh 30380 turnouts (NIB) 3 rerailers (1 NIB) parts of a 8’, 5’ 4’ dia. circles (AC) 1 4" Circle (LGB) 3 24" Straight (LGB) 3 bags AC Rail joiners 6 AC Screw-wrench the long straights look brand new, and most show little wear…the LGB is Brown, it doesn’t really matter to me…thanks to RCS! I was able to purchase above lot for less than 2 boxes of 60" straights (at the old price) In addition to buying for a Great price, the gents mom lives about 45 min away from my home, just so happened he was planning a visit today, and delivered…for no additional charge, wouldn’t even let me give him some cash for Gas…What a guy, huh? Add this to what I already had laying around, this should get me at least 1 good loop down so I can run multiples…Now for a Bender! cale : )

Hey track baron, when I laid my LGB flex I had wide corners and just bent the track over my knee.

Congrats on your find!

That 4" LGB circle is gonna require some pretty short rolling stock, though. :wink:

Doug Arnold said:
Hey track baron, when I laid my LGB flex I had wide corners and just bent the track over my knee.
I tried that to begin with, and it worked "ok" I think I will invest in one of those Train-Li-Usa or whateveryoucallit....

cale

I’d say you had a good fine if your into LGB . I had it despised it and got rid of it. Later RJD

Cale,
Great news on the track acquisition, but another bit of advice, especially on the 4’ diameter track. Layout an entire circle and measure it. The quality control varies and I have found the rail ends don’t always match up square with Aristo track. I usually depend on eyeball to go into and out of a curve, but this sectional track is not as “square” LGB sometimes. Also the railjoiners are cute but not as sturdy as they look.
If you have any important railjoints that may come under shifting stresses from ground or foot traffic, use Hillman or split jaw joiners. They look ugly, but they really work and will save you massive headaches later on.
Now, let’s see some more track in the dirt.
Warner