Large Scale Central

Fixing your Signature

It appears that when Bob imported our profiles, any links in the signature were changed from HTTPS to HTTP. Now that Bob has a certificate installed, this breaks your signature. The fix is easy…

Go to the top right of the screen and click on your profile picture.
Then click on the Person icon at far right of the pop-out box.
Then click on Preferences, the far right selection in the account options.
Then click on Profile at the left to open your Profile Preferences.

Near the bottom of the page find My Signature.

Look through the text in the edit box and be sure any photo links are set up as HTTPS:\ not HTTP:\

Click on Save Changes at the very bottom.

Your signature should now show up correctly.

4 Likes

Thanks, Jon. Shoot I KNEW that I had seen that signature SOMEWHERE - I just couldn’t remember where. THIS sure helped.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It took me a couple trips to that page before seeing the box to click to enable the site to show signatures generally.

1 Like

I am still wrestling with one of the two images in my signature, but I did get the one working. Jon, you might edit your post above to include removing the 'www." from in front of ‘largescalecentral{dot]com’. That was how I finally got mine to display.

I don’t remember the rules for the old site, but this new software will allow external links in the signature block. The IARRR7 is located on my server, and the CW&S logo is located on Bob’s server. And removal of the ‘www.’ applies to my server as well.

Might that only affect images hosted at LSC? My Shay photo is hosted at https://www.cvsry.com/Sig/cvsry-shay.jpg
and the CVSRY logo is hosted at
https://photo.cvsry.com/CVSRyBadge2.png

Those links are cut and pasted from my signature block. The www reference in the first photo is working fine.

Interesting, when I kept the www in front of the gscalejunkie[dot]com on my web site it wouldn’t work. As soon as I took it out it worked fine. Web site specific???, who knows…it is the internet we are discussing…

Exactly. Bob mentioned in another thread that he is still working through HTTPS issues. We should just let this one rest until he has that sorted out.