Large Scale Central

First train on the CCRR

Guys, After 2 years under construction, the very first train made her maiden voyage on the CCRR. She ran on the finished loop without any problems for about an hour. There are some high and low spots to correct, but other than that, I’m pleased. The layout looks like Death Valley or a nuclear blast aftermath–but she needs a lot of detailing, now.

JB

Good show!

Way to go!

Lookin’ good, jb!

Looks like some that I saw when I was LV for the Convention last year. Did you get your $100.00 from Chuck?

Looking good John :smiley: :smiley:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
JB

Good show!

HJ,
Now I have to convert my Glacier Express - Ge-III to batt/rc.
Once the layout is planted and decorated, those red cars will look great!!!
Dang, Now I gotta build a viaduct!

jb

John Bouck said:
Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
JB

Good show!

HJ,
Now I have to convert my Glacier Express - Ge-III to batt/rc.
Once the layout is planted and decorated, those red cars will look great!!!
Dang, Now I gotta build a viaduct!

jb

:lol: :lol:

Keep me posted about the viaduct!

Well done.

Some great photos will be taken on that layout . congrats on your mind eyes vision .

John,

Layout looks terrific! That’s a great looking trestle too.

The hard work looks complete, now enjoy and piddle with the details. Great work!

Hey John,

Your work is outstanding. I especially like the bridges. Could you post a diagram (overhead view) of the layout?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Great looking trestle. I wish I had the ability to build one like that. All of mine look like they got bombed by the allies!

TonyWalsham said:
Well done.
Tony, Thank you kindly! I'd like to "bury the hatchet" so to speak, concerning my recent behavior and continue our cyber relationship as before. Like someone said, "don't burn any bridges behind you, you might need to cross back over." jb
Joe Satnik said:
Hey John,

Your work is outstanding. I especially like the bridges. Could you post a diagram (overhead view) of the layout?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Joe,
I wish I could. I don’t have a clue how to do it.
Maybe I could send a scratch drawing of it to HJ and he could neaten it up for me.
I’ve always wondered how they do it in the Garden Railways mag.
j

Neat looking layout. Any plans for vegetation?

Bruce Chandler said:
Thanks, Bruce! You Betca! I'm waiting on the sales that all the nurserys have in the fall. I guess my wife has to plant somewhere around a million trees! :) :) jb

John Bouck said:

Bruce Chandler said:

Thanks, Bruce! You Betca! I’m waiting on the sales that all the nurserys have in the fall. I guess my wife has to plant somewhere around a million trees! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: jb

JB, You have to ease her in. The way it works here, get a small section prepped so SWMBO can plant a small section. Don’t buy the plants too late, they need to establish themselves before the winter. Did I tell you that winter arrives early this year?

(http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-023.gif)

(http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-023.gif)

Izzat because of Global Warming? :lol: :lol:

sorry, couldn’t resist!