Large Scale Central

Finally got to have our family's Christmas

My wife came home from the hospital yesterday, so we finally got to open our presents to each other. She got me a Ruby #5 saddle tanker from RLD as my big present this year! Once the rain stops, gonna steam him up and get some pics. Debating what lettering to put on the saddle tank. I can letter him in my MCRR Autism Express logo, or I think I have enough decal up for the “Turtle Creek Timber Co.” via the MRR decal set from Microscale and some extra decals from a logging set. Pics coming shortly. Mike

Glad to here all the good news Mike, Look forward to seeing the pics.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Good to hear she made it home Mike.

Chris

Pics as soon as I am done doing the decals. I have the saddle tank removed so I can seal it with gloss coat as soon as the decals dry. It is really nice to have her home again. Mike

Good news Mike. Lucky a Ruby.

Since finding the steamer in the top 5 of my wish list may not be possible, I started looking at the 2-4-4t forney that will be reissued soon. I think with the cow catcher pilot replaced with a foot board style, front truck removed and the pilot mounted back right in front of the cylinders would really give the engine more of a “family” look with Ruby#5. Just thoughts and ideas for now unless a used one pops up for sale that I cannot resist. Mike

Have you had a look at the Accucraft ‘plantation’ loco? It’s somewhat like a highly-detailed ‘Ruby’… Here in UK Accucraft is selling them with a couple of small cars as a deal - looks nice. :slight_smile:

Here’s the review from a while back - http://www.accucraft.uk.com/content/uploads/Plantation-Loco.pdf

And here’s a Youtube movie…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CZy7nngw0

tac

OVGRS

POCRR

I have looked at that one to Tac, not at the top of the list but it is a possiblity. Right now, I may have an engine swap with my friend that I care take most of his steamers. We talked about it last night and I am waiting on him to decide. We discussed building the new raised, point to point line along 2 sides of my fence. My nearly ground level line would remain, but with dogs, detailing that line any further to bring it to life isnt practical. If the trade happens, he would get my other Merlin and his bill that he owes on the first one he bought off me would also be paid in full. More details once and if it goes thru. Mike

He just messaged me, the trade is a go. Here is what I am getting in trade for my red Merlin and the balanced he owed for the first one.

I found that pic online, his(now my) engine is buried on my top shelf behind other trains. Hasn’t been touched in 3 years so its quite dusty. I last ran it for him at the RLD fall open house 3 years ago at his old shop. Debating on RC or just putting a nice, larger manual throttle lever on her since the line will be elevated and level. I will be putting some other G scale up for sale so I can get a rake of the cane cars from Jason. Mike