Large Scale Central

Figures in 1/24 scale

I have some older Elita figures and have also found someone that is capable of redoing them in a high quality resin. He is also capable of redesigning them into police of firefighter figures. Is there anyone else that is interested in this type of figure?

Dennis, not to rain on your parade, but it is illegal to make copies of someone else s figures and then offer them for sale. You could get in to some serious trouble of Elita finds out. You can’t even alter them and do that.

These are not copies or alterations that I am referring to. There are a lot of figures out there that say they are 1/24 but in truth are either too large or too small. W/S, for example, are 1/32. I am looking for feedback from those interested in 1/24 figures. I have found someone that understands scale size and is looking into doing originals that will be more robust and be able to withstand being outdoors in the sun. Thanks for your concern, Dennis.

I’ve been looking for some 1/24 firefighters (mid century ‘ish’). And a motor cycle cop. So, yeah, I might have some interest.

-Kevin.

dennis brown said:

… I am looking for feedback from those interested in 1/24 figures. I have found someone that understands scale size and is looking into doing originals that will be more robust and be able to withstand being outdoors in the sun…

I might be very interested as 1:24 figures are the best compromise size for me.

The trouble with most figures is that the sculptors seem interested only in burying us in largely usless charicature or extremity of action poses. How many more cops do we need frisking a prisoner, eating a donut, or loading the single bullet into Barney’s gun. How many firefighters climbing or carrying a ladder or fighting a charged hose. How many ball players completing their pitch or the swing of their bat. Most people, most of the time are just sitting or standing around or walking in a normal, upright stride - even those in identifiable professional uniforms.

I would love to populate a diner or restaurant with normally dressed people eating, not sitting with their hands in their laps and arms grafted irremoveably to their sides. Another dream project of mine is to have marching (normally walking) police and marching firefighters in a parade to go with my extensive collection of 1:24 fire engines and police cars. Both genders should be available, but they should all have the same foot and opposing arm extended slightly. They are marching side-by-side, not dancing cheek-to-cheek.

Also very desireable would be marching band figures that don’t look like Scots Guards or some lounge lizard jazz trio.

Most important of all they should look like normal, professionally active people under the uniforms - not over proportioned super heros, or pot bellied, or grotesque denizens of some demented fairy tale like gnomes, trolls, leprechauns, or Lord of the Rings.

Finally, they would probably find the largest market if they fit the mid-1950s transition period, not at or beyond either end of the 20th century.

Go ahead, ask me if I have an opinion on any of this.

Alright, Ted… So, what’s your opinion on all this? (Hey, someone had to do it)

-Kevin.

dieseldude . said:

Alright, Ted… So, what’s your opinion on all this? (Hey, someone had to do it)

-Kevin.

Ambivalent!!!

I’m interested Dennis. But pretty much following Ted’s outline.

A real winner with me would be 1:24 passengers and laborers, unpainted, dollar apiece, pre 1920’s.

I’d like some average people also, from the 40-50’s era. Just standing around or sitting.

Yes definitely interested. 1950’s era as described above