Large Scale Central

Fasteners for Resin Prints

Thanks Dan, I’ve often heard that heating might solve some problems.

It’ll make things more difficult with the wire hanging from the cover, but maybe I’ll be able to do a 120v jack of some sort.

I was hoping to find a heater that could work with my FDM printer, but that’ll require a big enclosure that doesn’t exist yet.

I saw a different unit for ~70, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL6WZPM9
but don’t see many buys or ratings for it.

The one you suggest looks fine for resin though. I just got one on order.

I fastened the wires with a bit of silicone. I always lift the cover and place it to the left of the machine and barely notice the wires. My first resin printer was an Elegoo Mars which I heated with a cheap Mini heater. I had to cut a rectangular hole and added a 3d printed bracket.

I haven’t added a heated enclosure to any of my FDM printers. I print PLA+, PETg and ASA just fine. Room is 65°.

So reading this thread is giving me a TON of questions, so I might be messaging one or more of you for some answers as I keep thinking I want a printer.
Very informative!

I have the Anycubic Mega X, and ABS has a hard time sticking to the (heated) bed. And I don’t thing the nozzle is hot enough for ASA, though maybe I can upgrade that. I really like ASA for the outdoor stuff.

I find hair spray is the magic bullet for bed (borosilicate glass) adhesion with any filament. I’ve upgraded to All metal Micro swiss and E3d hot ends to handle ASA reliably.

1 Like