Large Scale Central

Fall puttering on the WV&K

Welp 'nuff trying toi hijack Bruce’s Thread…looks like I might actually get enough done to warrant a thread of my own. This past weekend was one of those rare times when time and inspiration, coupled together with georgeous weather. So out to the layout I trundled…On Friday as mentioned I spliced 2 feet into the turntable section. Saturday did soe general cleaning up about the place and lifted all the remaining track that was “in the dirt” got a nice pile of it to relay on the eleveated sections eventually.

Then on Sunday afternoon, I swappd out the NiMH batteries in No9 for a proper set of Niicads, Ahhh much better…

The whole operational loco fleet out for a stroll

I decided to do a little trackwork and ended up getting ties down for two turnouts, but ran out of spikes on the first one…always late on a Sunday afternoon too…

Well at least I gotta test this new trackwork out don’t I?

Fall weather looks promising the rest of the week too!

Bart,
I’m glad to see you amongst those living and enjoying model railroads. That alternate personality that takes over your body and sole during the other times of the year seems to be surpressed as the “Good Guy Bart” once again shows his face. Puttering is good.

Di I mention that after dark I was at the bench building a master for a new Warp Nacelle??? MWUHAHAHAHAH

Bart Salmons said:
Di I mention that after dark I was at the bench building a master for a new Warp Nacelle????? MWUHAHAHAHAH
Anna Maria, fetch me the Klingon disintegrator!

C’mon…Klingons use Disruptors…and their own brand of phaser! hehehehehe

Bart Salmons said:
C'mon........Klingons use Disruptors.....and their own brand of phaser! hehehehehe
Ooops. Musta been thinking of Marvin the Martian. Yup that's it: Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator and the ACME Disintegration Pistol Hadda Google it. Memory is fading :( Meanwhile, to get back on topic, that layout is looking good.

Actually almost got anothe switch laid last night, before gettings rained out. This was a salvaged unit rescued from the dirt, just going on all new wood…the old stuff was surprisingly strong. Working overtime this weekend, So looks like Friday will be the only day anything.