Large Scale Central

Fall Foto Thread

I sorta got a nut for a 2cyl shay …it’s on my want list

I like the T boiler, 2 cylinder Shays too. They just look like basic working machines, without any styling to dress them up. But, me being an odd bird, I would really like T boiler, 2 cylinder Yahs.

Love that red maple Jerry!

i guess it is still technically fall though it feels more like winter… I ran a train this morning, a bright crisp morning. there was plenty of frost in the ground, made for some rough going in places…the video could have been longer if I didnt have to edit out so much!

It doesn’t quite get too Fall-like here in Florida, but today was cool enough to feel like it: 60 degrees with a cold north wind. Good day for steam plumes! (Not that I caught any in my photos.)

I took Otto over to Jack’s Calusa Creek railroad, and had fun chasing his railbus.

Another few photos before fall is gone!

From the PLS Turkey Trot steamup, average temp was about 30F that day, we are a tough bunch! My live steam Frank S is the tiny train about to pass the tree from the right

Here is Frank S in full plume, regards, Jerry

Frank looks great as always Jerry! I ran mine quite a bit at the Victorian Christmas aat the WW&F last saturday.

Thanks Eric. I was pleased with how well it ran in the coldest temps I have ever run in.

Jerry

Yah i accidentally turned off the tender heater and had a good amount of ice in the water bath around the fuel tank!