Large Scale Central

Ever have AH HA moment?

Yesterday was nice enough to run trains BUT I didn’t due to the amount of pollen and caterpillar poop that was coating the tracks. I don’t like this time of year. I had run the day before and after running a lap I had to pull the jerky engine into the yard to clean the black off the wheels.
Instead of running trains under these frustsrating conditions I decided to add about 15" of track onto the longest leg in my main yard. It sure is easy workign on a bench instead of the ground.

I pulled the track up and one thing led to another and suddenly the light bulb went off AH HA! I figured out a different track configuration and was able to create more switching fun by adding a diamond. I don’t know why I hadn’t done that before. Now I can have 2 tracks with a run around and one longer track for storage and a shorty track for the main run around. Before the third longer track was the run around.

GENIUS ! Well maybe, I have it all setup but decided to sleep on it before cutting the custom length track pieces needed. I will have another look later today.

Have you ever had a AH HA moment.

Ya but I’m getting old and I have forgotten most of them! :wink:

Forgot what?

AH HA

Todd Haskins said:

Have you ever had a AH HA moment.

Yea, and most of the time it’s just driving up my street looking for my house…Ah Ha, there it is, knew it was here somewhere,:wink:

I’ve been waiting 2 weeks for one that I needed back then, now it’s too dang hot to worry abut it, 105.

Yesterday’s attempt to force one out, resulted in sitting on the front steps and tossing peanuts to the ground squirrels… drinking gatorade and drawing blanks…

Ahh choo!

the “AH HA, i should have done it that way” moments follow most of my works on the layout…

What is a AH HA ?

All I get are UH OH’s

Bill

AH HA I just realised you guys are a bunch of COMEDIENS! HA HA !!

I like A-ha, they were awesome:

http://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914

:stuck_out_tongue:

Bill Ewing said:

What is a AH HA ?

All I get are UH OH’s

Bill

We’er about the same here too. More Uh Oh’s. than Ah HA’s.

Yes, I have had AH HA! moments, but more UH OH moments.

I get ah ha moments when i am scratch-building or kit-bashing, after I have frustrated the heck out of myself trying to figure something out. And the moment usually comes when I am laying in bed about to fall asleep. That’s why I tend to keep a notepad and pen near my bed.

I get them at 1:00 am when I’m trying to sleep. After that, forget it for the night.

Todd that has happened too. Then my mom wants to know why I am in my workshop at such a gawd-awful hour.

:slight_smile:

I get unh unh more than the others!!!

Dan I bet your unh unh oh oh moments are preceded by a puff of smoke from fried electronics. HA!

Ya he’s great at fixing the smoking gun( pun intended!) :slight_smile:
Don’t ask me why I know this.

Todd, at least I can get real black smoke, but it always is a one time expensive event as I should have done unh unh, but got a oh no, but when resolved it turned into a ah ha followed by wee wee.