Large Scale Central

El Patron branchline construction underway

Looks great! I wish it was 37 here too. If it was I’d go out in shorts.

Terry

…winking…

hopefully i can ballast and level the track on Saturday, and for Rooster… snap a photo.

I envy your ability to get out and work this time of year. On days our ground isn’t frozen solid it’s soup. Going to be 50 today, but with 2" of rain. Will be working on indoor projects here.

Have fun today John. Maybe i can get some track laid too!

doug any of your buddies looking for a bunch of dwarf alberta spruce?

I re-connected the spur into El Patron off the line to the mine today. Threw down some ballast and now we are debating whether or not to include a snowshed in the project or not. I still have retaining walls to build and track leveling.

much better…:wink:

I agree… :slight_smile:

Looks good John. If the snow shed doesn’t work out you can always sent it to Idaho. We get snow here, well sometimes. Only a little so far just lots of rain and wind.

I like the snow shed, too. I have one question, though. Where is the snow that is shed going to go?

Not a great photo of a snowshed, but serves to illustrate where a snowshed is used.

From RailPictures.net, near Blacktail MT, credit Dean Joihnson

Steve, we have three sheds on a loop track on our deck so we can leave a train out there in the rain/snow etc… the wife grabbed the nicest one of them and plunked it where you see it in the photo. We fell in love with snowsheds from trips to Donner Pass and Essex, Montana over the years.

The rock/dirt mound on the right side of shed actually serves as berm to keep water that sheets during heavy and monsoonal flows out of the yard and into a drain, so I cannot cut much deeper into the berm

And you know how it goes, if that’s where the Chief Financial Officer wants it…

John looking great. You have to build a snow shed. That would look great and be different on a garden line. I wish I could work outdoors in the winter. Even with mild days the ground is still too frozen to do anything. At least we can enjoy your work. Im starting to glisten looking at all the photos.

John Miller said:

Steve, we have three sheds on a loop track on our deck so we can leave a train out there in the rain/snow etc… the wife grabbed the nicest one of them and plunked it where you see it in the photo. We fell in love with snowsheds from trips to Donner Pass and Essex, Montana over the years.

The rock/dirt mound on the right side of shed actually serves as berm to keep water that sheets during heavy and monsoonal flows out of the yard and into a drain, so I cannot cut much deeper into the berm

And you know how it goes, if that’s where the Chief Financial Officer wants it…

Got it. That’s where I’d put it, too. :slight_smile:

Nice change John. I like the use of the snow shed.

Steve, I did convince the chief financial officer that we need to build up the hill next to the shed by a few feet.

Got your shovel warmed up?

Doug, matter of fact I was cleaning track and removing obstructions today in anticipation of snow, and running a plow extra.

I take it you never got to run a plow? I hope to start my spring maintenance this week. Did you lay any more track?