Large Scale Central

El Patron branchline construction underway

Nice work
…:)…

Looks great !
I wish I could pile up dirt like that. Around here, the mine would be crushed in a mudslide :wink:
Ralph

Thatl;ooks great.

The last sheet of metal was glued on the mill this morning and the cement pads are ready to be set in place Monday.

Just run a track to my house and I can process El Patron’s ore!

That is after the siding is finished!

today’s project was getting the concrete blocks in so none of the wood sits right on the dirt.

Great Mine. I’m believe I’m going to steal that…sorry!

Nice work.

Looking good. Later RJD

The El Patron Branch is getting a reroute and service into Mexico has been halted.

The original line had an eight foot radius curve on a grade. This was hampering the longer coal trains headed to the mine, since they occasionally derailed (pulled-over) in the curve.

Following AT&SF’s effort to reduce the same issues in Cajon Pass, engineering was able convince management to move from an eight foot to fourteen foot radius. This was move the the switch into El Patron from in town to the border crossing at Nacho.

I am taking advantage in the break in the weather and loose soil to try and make some progress.

Nice work. My ground is rock solid till April

Looking good John

Must not be every cold up in the Lake Arrowhead area this year, other wise his ground would be frozen and covered in snow. We looked at moving up to your area before we moved to North Idaho. More lakes up here.

Looking good so far John.

Chuck, we are in the middle of another nasty drought. The snow melt actually softened the soil so we could get in and dig. We were going to work on another section of the railroad prior to this, but that ground was frozen solid.

So, as the sun was going down, track was dropped in the the cut. Note the “lifesaver” in the photo… aka Trains-Li railbender.

The sun has gone down, temp dropped into a warm 37 degrees. Still need to add the missing track into El Patron, work on the retaining in the cut, etc…(sorry the iphone takes crappy photos in low light)

Looking good John. Nice thing about working this time of the year is it’s not hot and no snakes. I don’t miss those little buggers.

Chuck

seems like i find one rattlesnake in the railroad every spring too.

37 degrees??? Wish the temp reached that here…Maybe tomorrow…:wink:

Re-do looks good. Getting rid of a tight curve and a steep grade will help a lot. Since I got the K-27, I’ve found a couple of spots I had to re-align.

Looking good John. Where’s our rain?