Large Scale Central

ECLSTS Show 2023

Each year the Aikenbacks are there, I’ll bet a couple screwdrivers and other tools drop down to say Howdy to the pile of car keys down there. :laughing:

I am a bit disappointed I will not be able to make it (like anyone cares).
Have fun, be safe and healthy.

Hey there Lou,
Bummer you can’t come. Maybe you’ll be at Amherst?
Cliff

Lou; I care…!!
but I wonder if anyone cares about Yours, and My attendance !! We are two old folks…from the old gang in York…I did meet Cliff one or twice…and I remember you…!!
I hope everyone has a great time.
Fred

Well, Cliff, my wife and I will be off then, but headed in the other direction to the Lancaster area.

Thanks from another old guy, Fr. Fred. As i sit and reminisce, I am going to dig out all of my old pictures and post them. Remember when I had everyone pose with the erasable board? I have them somewhere.

1 Like

Lou, remember that evening at the 2019 York show, when you and Hollywood and I set up the last Alcove there, centered on your excellent Timesaver?

I’ll always appreciate that episode with you and Dave.

Cliff

1 Like

Some more shots of Alcove & “Early Bird” 2019…

Lotsa familiar faces in that last shot…

Those were good times at the Wyndham Garden Hotel.

2 Likes

Aikenback Live Steamers setup in parking lot while show was being setup by vendors. Opens tomorrow.

I remember them well.

I had a lot of fun at the show on Friday. Chatted with some friends, bought some stuff, watched some trains running, ate some pizza. A good day, in my book. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here’s video just posted on YT, emphasizing the Aikenback live steam layout in the parking lot.

2 Likes

Thanks Cliff;

Enjoyed seeing the little live steamers go through their paces, and seeing folks I used to boil water with. Someday I hope Gandalf will pound the Aikenback rails again.

Best wishes, David Meashey