Large Scale Central

ECLSTS 2020

Maybe I will do cornrows!

Sounds like the Embassy Suites atrium will be a happenin’ place, what with Larry’s swimwear and Roostah’s stripper pole…

Wait, am I mixing threads again??

Ric, they always end up merging. All I can say is surgery is in early December so I should be able to make the Amherst show and the eclsts.

Larry Otis said:

Ric, they always end up merging. All I can say is surgery is in early December so I should be able to make the Amherst show and the eclsts.

Larry,

Cliff was worried about the merging, not me. Hey, good luck on the surgery. I know you were trained different, but there are “good drugs”. Keep us informed and do what the Doctors say. It is just the practice of medicine, but some of them have had lots of practice. Others, now do commercials on TV.

Yeah, Larry, good luck with the surgery, hope all goes well, and healing is fast… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Sorry to hear you need surgery Larry, but best wishes on that. I hope to see you at ECLSTS, and at whatever the D&B shapes up to be at the Embassy Suites.

I was going to say something about having the stripper pole ready for you in the ES alcove, but now that I know you’re having surgery that seems in bad taste. Because with the recovery, you might not make it for ECLSTS. I’ll also hold off booking the Rostafarian Back Hair Olympic Weaving Team, for the same reason.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Bummer on the timing of surgery Larry but I hope everything goes well and the recovery is swift. I look to catch you at the show.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Larry Otis said:

Thought you already had an addadiktome Larry? What surgery is next and do I need to send you some Weavers of Wellsville sausage while you are laid up?

We all know how much you enjoy Weavers sausage and bologna !

We all know how much Rooster enjoys distributing bologna !

Hi Guys:

I had a nice conversation with the “sales” staff at the Embassy Suites hotel, which is listed on the ECLSTS 2020 web page at the first show hotel.

As discussed above they have a 119 show rate, nice breakfast and happy hour. They are 5 miles, about 10 min from the MD State Fairgrounds at Timonium.

However, they do not have a small conference or meeting room for the drag and brag.

They do have banquet rooms, and of course standard rooms for rent but none with no furniture/beds like the one in York. I suppose it would be possible to just “get a room” and deal with the furniture as best we can.

And they are undergoing renovations so their lobby space is presently compromised as is the space in their lounge/bar.

There is however a large shopping center across the road, walking distance with several restaurants that may have party rooms.

I have emailed one and await their response.

Now there are many other motels in the area which I could check out if the group thinks a room remote from the hotel is feasible.

Thoughts?

Jerry

Since the show is in March, surprising there is no vendor list.

Will be interesting at the East Coast Train show / East Coast Large Train Show / East Coast Larger Train show or whatever it is called.

Greg

We have to drive 5 miles to the show. Dear god that’s a long distance. I’ll have to wake up real early to get the chest and back hair done.

We have to drive 5 miles to the show. Dear god that’s a long distance. I’ll have to wake up real early to get the chest and back hair done.

Jerry Bohlander said:

Hi Guys:

I had a nice conversation with the “sales” staff at the Embassy Suites hotel, which is listed on the ECLSTS 2020 web page at the first show hotel.

As discussed above they have a 119 show rate, nice breakfast and happy hour. They are 5 miles, about 10 min from the MD State Fairgrounds at Timonium.

However, they do not have a small conference or meeting room for the drag and brag.

They do have banquet rooms, and of course standard rooms for rent but none with no furniture/beds like the one in York. I suppose it would be possible to just “get a room” and deal with the furniture as best we can.

And they are undergoing renovations so their lobby space is presently compromised as is the space in their lounge/bar.

There is however a large shopping center across the road, walking distance with several restaurants that may have party rooms.

I have emailed one and await their response.

Now there are many other motels in the area which I could check out if the group thinks a room remote from the hotel is feasible.

Thoughts?

Jerry

Thanks for looking into that, Jerry.

The Marriott Courtyard is .2 miles from the ES, not bad for a walk. Maybe they’d have a room. Otherwise, maybe just wing it with the Atrium?

I would just check to see when renovations in the lobby area are due to be done.

LAO

Its all good!

Larry Otis said:

You can just stumble across the parking lot to the light rail and catch a nap on the ride to the fairgrounds. The central light rail ends at Hunt valley and will take you right to the station at the Cow Palace. :wink:

Where will the Friday evening get-together be? I’ll bring a bunch of Aristo couplers and a few Bachmann. SUGGESTION: Have a topic/section/ on this site dedicated to the "bringandbrag. "