Large Scale Central

EBT renion w/e

EBT renion w/e

Got some nice detailing footage in there

This is so cool. Ken and I drove up there about a month ago. There was activity, everywhere. Randy was with us, yesterday, and was talking about the activity level and number of volunteers. This is going to be something to watch and visit. Lots of history in one place.

The RR usually posts on Facebook but I guess they were too busy. I loved the video - kept looking to see who I recognised!

Randy is organizing the FEBT Reunion on Oct 9-11. He tells me there will be trains again.

Hey Pete,

Randy sure is proud of that EBT Coal Train. It looked great and is well cared for! Question came up, is that “EBT COAL” in the hoppers?

Ric Golding said:

Hey Pete,

Randy sure is proud of that EBT Coal Train. It looked great and is well cared for! Question came up, is that “EBT COAL” in the hoppers?

Agh, I hoped no-one would ever ask, and would assume it was. It is real coal, but most was collected from the pile for the traction engines at the Tuckahoe Gas & Steam show. All the EBT coal that I had went into my old 1:22.5 hoppers and they were sold when the Accu scale ones came out.

Nice pic Ken. Did you see the photos in the TT of Randy running his train for the wedding?

Pete Thornton said:

Ric Golding said:

Hey Pete,

Nice pic Ken. Did you see the photos in the TT of Randy running his train for the wedding?

No, I missed that one.

Pete Thornton said:

Ric Golding said:

Hey Pete,

Agh, I hoped no-one would ever ask, and would assume it was. It is real coal, but most was collected from the pile for the traction engines at the Tuckahoe Gas & Steam show. All the EBT coal that I had went into my old 1:22.5 hoppers and they were sold when the Accu scale ones came out.

Pete,

It looks great! Tuckahoe Gas & Steam may have purchased it from Orbisonia. It was exactly the right color. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Pete,

I’ll try to divert from that question in the future (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)Regardless of where it came from it dose look very good color and size. I’m very pleased to have been able to acquire so much of Pete’s collection. They are all fine models and often one of a kind. I’ve committed my self to getting my layout built with what is left of this year and in the coming year. This Way I can get these engines out test and improve them without the performance anxiety that comes when on someone else’s layout.

Yes the FEBT reunion will be a step up this year, with trains running (for FEBT only, not public operations) speeders running and new guests and vendors. This year will also be big for Robertsdale on Sunday and will serve as a sort of rejuvenation for the FEBT’s efforts at the southern end of the rail road. We aren’t just going to talk about it more, but there will be new things going on there Sunday that haven’t happened in past reunions. It’s certainly a very exciting time at the Railroad. Hoping to see some of you there!

-Randy