Large Scale Central

Eberly Lumber Co

So I have this thing for building models of stuff around my area(or used to be) Eberly is one of them and was a quick simple build. After building it I realized where I was going to place it on the line the darn thing was just too big and I even down sized it a bit. Either way it was a quick easy build from stuff I had on hand. Bruce’s Chandlers wedding cake column idea he used for his bank (available at Michaels as well ) made me realize I had to build it.

This is the prototype structure but I had to change the architecture a bit.^^^^^^

I started with a redwood “barn style” frame and made the front fascia from 1/2 marine plywood wrapped with Lemax (generic Dept. 56) brick sheets that I picked up after Christmas 50% off at Michaels craft store at $8 for a 16"x36" sheet.

The overhang is Trex balustrade,the gable and freize board are trimplank and the roof/windows/doors are 1/8" acrylic/lexan. The sides are coroplastic.

The finished model for now with decals from the graphics shop…I do plan on an interior and operating garage doors so my son can play with it and my trains can supply it when I find the right spot for it on the line. It’s a simple build but I thought I would share.

Very nice.
The building is pretty deep. It’s going to eat up some real estate.
Ralph

For someone who claims ADHD you’d think the garage doors would be in and motorized with motion sensors. Looks like you’ll have to relay your town on the outskirts of the railroad. Looks good even though you’ve had more than 4 hours to detail it. :smiley:
Thought that was supposed to be a Cigar Store.

Dave

Dave, Nice project, your son will like the opening garage doors!!!

David Marconi said:
For someone who claims ADHD you'd think the garage doors would be in and motorized with motion sensors. Looks like you'll have to relay your town on the outskirts of the railroad. Looks good even though you've had more than 4 hours to detail it. :D Thought that was supposed to be a Cigar Store.

Dave

I had to get it off my workbench as Mrs. Russell wanted other things done and I needed the shop. Not to mention I extended the deck truss and built that stone wall north of Lemo to it. OK smarty pants I’ll make sure I bring a box of fuses from the shop for our next run!!:wink:
Jon will get a cigar store before I retire!

Ralph Berg said:
It's going to eat up some real estate. Ralph
So does a 40 foot Mu'ed mixed freight! Guess I'm gonna have to look into purchasing the neighbors property?

Looking good, even if they don’t sell Cigars :smiley:

David Russell said:
Ralph Berg said:
It's going to eat up some real estate. Ralph
So does a 40 foot Mu'ed mixed freight! Guess I'm gonna have to look into purchasing the neighbors property?
Nah, Just remove the back half of your house. As an added benefit, it will reduce your power bill and property taxes :lol: Ralph

David, nice building, altho, I do believe it needs a little more length… :slight_smile:

Nice building.

For some reason, this reminded me of a story about John Allen - the great builder and photographer of the HO scale Gorre and Daphited RR back in the 60’s. Seems he also built a lumber yard for his model railroad. He was located in Monterrey and there was a lumberyard in Santa Clara on which he based his - much as you have done. He also built a very accurate replica of the sign. Once it was all done, he took a photo of the completed model, with the sign very prominently displayed, and sent a copy with a note explaining to the owners of the prototype lumber yard that he so liked their sign that he decided to use it for his own facility. Well, you guessed it, they sent an attorney around to sue him! He apparently keep the joke going for a couple of weeks.

Brian

Resurrected …However I will note that the acrylic/lexan roof was removed after a period outside as I realized that stuff DOES NOT like to lay flat and was fixed with coroplastic.