Large Scale Central

East Broad Top begins the march South

Since purchasing the East Broad Top Railroad from the Kovalchick family in 2020, the East Broad Top Foundation with lots of help from the Friends of the East Broad Top have made amazing progress in restoring the railroad and shops complex. Steam trains are running and for the first time since 1956, a locomotive, headed South, passed the coal dock and ran it’s train to the first crossing at Odd Fellows Cemetary Rd. Track restoration has continued South and recently reached the Rt 475 crossing with roadbed cleared and graded to the crossing at Rt. 994. The hope is to cross Pouge bridge and reach “Pouge Station” soon, with a goal of reaching Saltillo where the Friends will be re-building the station there.

This short video celebrates the accomplishments that have reached to date.

When I see how far the railroad has come since it was shut down over 10 years ago, I get emotional :grin:

3 Likes

Good news for the EBT. I have a cousin that works in non profit marketing and fundraising at the college level so seeing something like this develop, there’s got to be some great marketing and fundraising behind all of it for the Friends of the EBT!

Maybe by the time I have a chance to visit the East Coast, it will be national “treasure” and be so crowded I won’t want to visit. :joy:

Glad to see EBT open again.
Just looked up our trip in 2006 to EBT and it brought back a lot of memories.

Dennis

Johnathon, the young man who appears at the beginning of the video is the Sales & Marketing director for the EBTF. He has done a fantastic job of promoting the railroad far and wide. This, and several other well done promotional videos came out of his office.

On the Friends side, the last few fundraising campaigns have had unbelievable results, more than doubling their goal last year and already close to their lofty goal for this year.

Anyone wanting to join the Friends, make a donation or be part of the volunteer labor crew assisting in the restoration, just visit https://febt.org/

1 Like