Large Scale Central

Douglas S Arnold

Long-time garden railroader Doug Arnold, passed away in mid-January. Doug lived in Piñon Hills, located in the high desert area of Southern California.

Doug in addition to trains also was a rockhound and while he was challenged by health issues, he always had a positive attitude and tried his best at all times.

Doug will be missed.

1 Like

Thank you for the update John. I have missed Doug for a few years as he was a regular poster here

1 Like

Sad news indeed. He joined LSC back in '06 and was a prolific and enthusiastic contributor, as well as a financial supporter. It doesnt look like he made the switchover to the new software, his last post here was right around the changeover date. He will be definitely missed.

Thanks John,
I always enjoyed chatting with and joking around with him. He had a great sense of humor!

Very sorry to hear this. Doug was active on Facebook much more recently than here. He will be missed.

I remember Doug well. I am sorry to hear this news. I will miss him.

Thanks for the update. I always liked chatting with Doug. I was friends on FB where I saw him more. He will be missed.

I read this on FB on a post where he inquired as to how I was doing, sadly he apparently passed just a few days after my reply. Sad news, seems like whenever I went to Upland Trains would be the same day he went there so I saw him there a few times. He will be missed.

1 Like

So sad to hear about this. I’ve missed his posts for a long time, but didn’t realize health issues were involved. Indeed, Doug is and will be missed.