Large Scale Central

Double Track done with Inner and Outer loops

I finally got the double track all hooked up so the inner and outer loop connect. Had fun running two trains and having them meet. Boring video tomorrow! Here’s some stills.

looking good

i love running three trains and haveing them all cross. keeps things fun

Looks great Jerry…putting an inner loop on my line was the best thing I ever did, just need to connect the two yet.

Looking good.
My inner loop started out as a passing siding on the outer loop. I am running trains on it now.
The outer loop is still not complete.
Ralph

Ralph,
You will get there, it’s the journey we like, not the end. I started today to add another track to a siding, by the time I get through I think I’ll have 4, guess it will be a yard by then. Plan to leave my freight cars out all summer on the sidings, then that will make it easy to get a train made, no hauling them from the shed! Leave the engines in the shed and haul them out. Anyone else leave their cars out?

I hope the journey continues for a long time.

As soon as my yard is finished I will be leaving the cars out for the season.
I plan on building a removable PVC “greenhouse” with open ends to go over the yard.
Now I sometimes leave them out for a day or two if the weather is going to be nice.
Ralph

Ralph talking about journeys this one’s for YOU!

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/blueregal/_forumfiles/bikerbabe.jpg.jpg)

Jerry Barnes said:
Ralph, You will get there, it's the journey we like, not the end. I started today to add another track to a siding, by the time I get through I think I'll have 4, guess it will be a yard by then. Plan to leave my freight cars out all summer on the sidings, then that will make it easy to get a train made, no hauling them from the shed! Leave the engines in the shed and haul them out. Anyone else leave their cars out?
Jerry, I have four cars that I leave out all Summer. They are the "USA Bunk Cars" of the MOW series. I use them as cabins. They have weathered fine, but now need painting. I originally had metal wheels on them, but replaced with plastic. They all have Kadee couplers and they don't work very well. Usually have to replace springs before I can move them. They are kept in a shaded area. Probably 7th year or more of being outside.

Hmmm, may have to rethink leaving them out, I have all Kadees.

Jerry Barnes said:
Hmmm, may have to rethink leaving them out, I have all Kadees.
Give the Kadees a shot of WD-40 after each rain, and you should be good to go. Or, build a car barn.

Yeah Steve, i thought of oiling them some. Car barn I would not like, where the yard is anyway. At least I’ll have a good place for staging of trains and visitors to park.