Large Scale Central

Dirty and Dusty indoors

How did you fix that Joe? I need to learn what is going on. It used to be so easy I even wrote the instructions so others could do it! Thank you!

Rooster, shouldn’t it have a bird washing facility?

Doug Arnold said:

How did you fix that Joe? I need to learn what is going on. It used to be so easy I even wrote the instructions so others could do it! Thank you!

I couldn’t get it to open on LSC in any fashion because the file name is not proper, I was able to massage the link and open it in Firefox and then took a screen shot and processed it it Photoshop. I then uploaded it to my own freight shed with a proper file name and posted it here for you. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

So the file name was LAYOUT.2.jpeg … I would advise against adding extra periods to the file. Also it appears that you put dashes in your directory name, not sure that is or could be an issue.

I was able to view the file LAYOUT.2.jpeg fine on my PC, but when uploading it with the “manage photo” in the advanced editor, it uploaded but did not show.

I then opened that file in a photo editor I have used for a long time, and there was something in the file that told it that the file was a pdf file, but it was indeed a jpeg file. So the file was basically corrupted. This explains the problems, but not how you make the file.

Bottom line, how ever you generated that picture, don’t do it that way in the future!

Anyway, I saved the file as a jpg file, with minimum compression as a progressive jpg file, and it’s now no longer “corrupted”, click on the thumbnail below.

Greg

Doug Arnold said:

I was able to upload one as a jpg but it still wouldn’t open. The two pdfs i was not able to delete. There is also two of my files in the Freight Shed that would not delete. The only thing that would delete is the entire folder! This worked so easy with the old system. The latest update for the Mac is no better!

Gary and I are tinkering so I may get it to work!

Doug,

It’s easy to delete one file at a time, or a couple just check the box (left side) beside the bad one(s) and that opens the header option to delete, then you get a 2nd chance as the machine asks if you know what you are doing! Reassure it and poof!

Hi Greg

That sounds great. Once I figure out how to make the picture and graphics import without pain I will create a new article on importing from the Mac to replace my old one. This is a good day to tinker with this since it is raining up here on the desert and picking up!

Yep, raining all day in Carlsbad… 2.82 inches so far today…

Greg

Slogging down buckets over here. I look out my work windows and it’s like looking out the windows on the Submarine Ride at Disneyland. I keep expecting a sea serpent to float by. At least my plants at home are finally getting a good very much needed watering.

The track is laid. now it is time to wire it. Next I will start building buildings!

Keep us informed more. At least your layout is moving forward, mine is still covered with boxes.

I will.

I spent an hour last night trying to post a picture from my Mac with no luck.

Before this update awhile back it was easy to post pictures.

I even wrote the article on how to do it!

I created a new file in Freight Shed for the Timesaver and Bob had posted that drag and drop works for posting and it didn’t. I also tried cut and paste, etc. to no avail!

Where there’s a will there’s a way. I hope!

Yesterday, two track inspectors that were originally from John Allen’s 1950s-60s HO layout arrived to inspect the G scale Timesaver. Some of you might remember him. After an hour I got the picture to download. The picture was 4x3 inches but it came in tiny!

are figures of that line still avayable somewhere?

Doug, clicking on your pic opens it to 3x4 and there’s an arrow to another pic of the layout drawing.

Thanks John. That track plan wasn’t even what I built. It was a plan I considered building and the pictue was taken months before I took the one that’s there! Glad you fond it can be clicked!

Korm, those figures were created by a friend in Canada. I wish I was that good of an artist!

Well there aint nuttin in that folder.

Tags
Owner Doug Arnold

This folder is empty.

Comments0 comments - Post Comment - Like This