Large Scale Central

Devon's Christmas 2020 projects

As promised even though I am not working on trains I am busy in the shop making Christmas presents. These are the two that are complete. More to come.

Christmas ornament for an exchange made from left over resin and black walnut.

And a wax seal for sealing envelopes for my daughter. Its made from teak and left over resin with the letter C carved in reverse on the bottom for her last name.

Perfect!

Screaming gayness !

Great Gifts, hand made gifts are very special

Thanks for sharing

Dennis

great gifts Devon (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Nicely done!

Dennis Rayon said:

Great Gifts, hand made gifts are very special

Thanks for sharing

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I try. I have found over the years that people really enjoy the hand made presents. Its a lot of work but its a labor of love.

It also helps to keep your mind off of some things …

Nice work Devon…

Well done, Devon. Those will be cherished by the recipients. Glad to see you enjoying your woodworking hobby.

Nice work Devon, Happy Holidays.

Sean McGillicuddy said:

It also helps to keep your mind off of some things …

Nice work Devon…

It is very therapeutic. I love woodworking more than I love my trains. Both are great at relieving stress and taking my mind off my woes. But getting in the shop and making big wood into little wood has been a passion of mine since I was a little boy in the hip pocket of my grandpa. He babysat me often and we spent a large portion of that time in the shop either puttering and making stuff for them or making some sort of something for someone else. He spent his retirement years up to within months of his death doing household repairs for friends, family, and church folks. I learned a lot about wood working, plumbing, electrical, and how to be a servant from him. So the “shop” is a part of who I am. I don’t claim greatness. But I have developed an ability to make some nice things and I love sharing them with people.

Speaking of therapeutic …How the pup ?

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Speaking of therapeutic …How the pup ?

She’s great. My tag along. Goes with me everywhere I go except work. She really is special and takes as good of care of me as a dog is capable.

Atta boy, Dev, great work. It’s amazing to see what you do with “scraps”!

He’s one of the older males and a mean one at times ^^^^

lol the only thing that would make that picture better Rooster is if that tea was a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I say could you spare a spot of tea?

Bill Barnwell said:

I say can you spare a jigger of bourbon

Devon Sinsley said:

Bill Barnwell said:

I say can you spare a jigger of bourbon

no but I’ve got scotch

A couple more presents. A half round hall table from the blued pine and a bell made from a thrift store wine glass that i cut the stem off of and drilled a hole in, etched it, painted the gold rim and turned a handle for. The dinger is made from chain and bead from some costume jewelry at the thrift store.

Nifty! The table is particularly well done.