Large Scale Central

Deeeep into the far side

A very large box came to my door today brought by the FedEx man. YESSS I’ve fell into the unknown of the far side and that’s for sure. 239 switches and crossings in HO scale. Now to find a few thousand feet of flex track… Oh yeah ! I worked on cleaning up the table top layout getting those needles off the track. Damned near filled a large trash barrel. Cheers,

Darryl,

You’ll have your work cut out with those puppies! :wink:

Darryl Noble said:
A very large box came to my door today brought by the FedEx man. YESSS I’ve fell into the unknown of the far side and that’s for sure. 239 switches and crossings in HO scale. Now to find a few thousand feet of flex track… Oh yeah ! I worked on cleaning up the table top layout getting those needles off the track. Damned near filled a large trash barrel. Cheers,

Now to count the number of switches in Grand Central Terminal. I think you’ll have enough for that and its serving Mott Haven yard too. Then NYC Hudsons, electrics, lots of switchers, a couple hundred passenger cars… :wink:

Except, Richard, I think he’s going to do On2. I don’t think the Sandy River ever went into Penn Station…:smiley: Hmmmmm, a 2 footer pulling up next to a GG1…now that’s a thought! :stuck_out_tongue:

Warren

Warren Mumpower said:
Except, Richard, I think he's going to do On2. I don't think the Sandy River ever went into Penn Station....:D Hmmmmm, a 2 footer pulling up next to a GG1...now that's a thought! :P

Warren

Whach ye mean???

That’s nothing unusual on a LGB layout. Even the proportions will be “most pleasing” or least to the “untrained” (pun intended) eye. :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Well for your information I have it on good authority that LGB’s next offering will be a 2 foot gauge NYC Hudson in “suitable for G” scale to run on HO track. :smiley: :o

I knew a guy with an untrained eye once. Simple operation took care of it. Had to sell all of his “suitably scaled” G stuff afterwards though.

Oh my goodness! He’s gone to the dark side :o

Richard Smith said:
Well for your information I have it on good authority that LGB’s next offering will be a 2 foot gauge NYC Hudson in “suitable for G” scale to run on HO track. :smiley: :o I knew a guy with an untrained eye once. Simple operation took care of it. Had to sell all of his “suitably scaled” G stuff afterwards though.

Hey Richard, I can believe it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It was either selling or getting a pair of the specially tinted and corrected eyeglasses. They tone down “the glare” of that “Super-Finish” and correct the “pleasing adjustments” to result in an almost to prototype impression.