Large Scale Central

D&R RR building Blog

Mario McCarthy said:
John, You can always count on me!
Up to 20 if he takes his socks off

Please don’t give him any ideas!

Quite a weekend, but I did get the loop in and ran trains Sunday night. Pictures to follow.

Good job, John. Sorry I couldn’t make it. See you soon.

Uploading to the blog has been a well lets say frustrating so I am working on a web page to be up soon I hope. I did manage to get some photos uploaded and you can view them here.

http://drrail.blogspot.com/

Congratulations!!! Nicely done. How does it feel to run on your very own railroad? I can’t wait to see it in person. Thanks for sharing.

How about a video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9wqmOX-HmA

I loved the big blue spaceship parked in the background…:wink:

John,

Great video!  Let's see more.

Huge alien dogs envade or , honey someone shrunk the railroad

Looking good John!

HJ, I would consider an open clearing for my layout, if I had one. When you live in a forest you have to deal with the leaves. To make it even better, I’m right on the line separating oaks and pines. The layout is mostly under the oaks, so I get about a foot of oak leaves covering some sections. Still better than the pine needles. Several weekends go into leaf clearing each year during the winter and spring, but at least when summer comes around its cooler in the shade. The real problem is the branches coming down in stormy weather. Just one of the risks of outdoor railroading.

I can sympathize Paul. Most of my layout is under pines or huge maples. I just spent an hour on Saturday removing the pine needles from under a switch so that it would once again function.

I do enjoy the shade though.

I moved my mainline because of the pine needles. I still have an area that gets the needles dumped on it, so I cover that with the half inch or so netting designed to keep the B1-RDS out of fruit trees. Then all I have to do after a storm is pull the netting off the layout, and I am ready to run, mostly.

John doesnt your state object to you borrowing they’re road signs??? LOL

Jerry Hansen said:
John doesnt your state object to you borrowing they're road signs??????????????????? LOL
Well if you look the top line reads Bucks Lane, There is no such place, It should read Bucks Lake, it was a reject from a friends construction project with the state. So in this case No. :)