Large Scale Central

CVRR OCS

Page 2 (the other side )

Once again …making junk outta junk and that ain’t something a 3d printer can do no matter how hard you try to program it!!

Making good progress so far …10’ rule

Nice project David! The unique window arrangement really brings this older car into a modern show piece.

I’ve got to get working on my open-vestibule dining car…i think its calling out to become a parlor car.

Rockwall Canyon Jeff said:

Nice project David! The unique window arrangement really brings this older car into a modern show piece.

I’ve got to get working on my open-vestibule dining car…i think its calling out to become a parlor car.

The dining car heavyweight car is the one to bash. However if I was to do it again I would scratch it up myself.

Learned some new techniques from this build.

photo 001-4.jpg

photo 010-6.jpg

photo 004-14.jpg

photo 013_zps9066bef4.jpg

photo 022_zpsb1678c7d.jpg

Now using them on my current build

photo 001_zps9f51b1d5.jpg

photo 002_zps4ea8006c.jpg

photo 003_zpsf778643f.jpg

photo 004_zpsd472c5e4.jpg

photo 006_zpsefd9e77a.jpg

photo 007_zps808cadce.jpg

photo 008_zps7fc24a3c.jpg

photo 010_zps3396301a.jpg

photo 013_zps81c97222.jpg

David Russell said:

Page 2 (the other side )

Once again …making junk outta junk and that ain’t something a 3d printer can do no matter how hard you try to program it!!

Making good progress so far …10’ rule

I’m saving all the rafts and supports/misprints to grind up and recycle into new filament, so us 3d printing guys can use “junk” to build junk, tyvm :slight_smile:

and you don’t “program” a 3d printer, the program does the calculations for ya, if you can draw it in 3d you can print it in 3d

looking good rooze

Love the mud flaps ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Love the mud flaps ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought they were mini plows

Looks great!

Dave,

A great job.

I’m looking for the details of how to tear a Heavyweight apart for a repaint. Did you find some instructions, or just work it out as you went along ?

The mud flaps are awesome. I think I need to hang them in my Pawn Shop. I think a double rainbow would look good on the side.

Pete Thornton said:

Dave,

A great job.

I’m looking for the details of how to tear a Heavyweight apart for a repaint. Did you find some instructions, or just work it out as you went along ?

Pete,

They are pretty simple and straight forward as everything is screwed together and slotted. The worst part was getting the glazing(windows) out on the cars I have. I believe that someone re-glued them and they did a REAL good job of it.

photo 011_zps0cf2f15d.jpg

photo 013_zpsfb6c9043.jpg

photo 017_zps8a51139e.jpg

photo 021_zps3a5bb3d8.jpg

10’ rule applied and you can still take it apart! If I die tomorrow you have the instructions on how to do so exclusively on LSC !

Edit for spelling as Shawn has a red sharpie!

Now on to the other end :

I see ditch lights and MU cables, so I guess we’re done now…:wink:

I’m never quite sure if Dave is building models or puzzles. I guess they are both. You could sell these assembled with no instructions and see if people can put them together from just a picture :slight_smile:

Looking great!

Ken Brunt said:

I see ditch lights and MU cables, so I guess we’re done now…:wink:

Actually enjoying this Ken and the question is where do you stop?

So the answer as Gary says would be “NO”

Ghetto building 101

Ghetto building 101

Hiccup

Edit for page 3