Large Scale Central

Coupler brand?

Anyone have an idea what brand coupler it is?coupler

rectangular lift pin with hole, and squarishness around it on top of coupler, and lip around area where pin which holds on knuckle, looks like Bachmann on my stuff here. Shank is different from what’s on cars I have. Might be worht looking at parts diagrams on their website.

Edit: just got done going through the PDFs of the parts diagrams and didn’t see that style of shank on current diagrams.

It looks a lot like a Lionel from the picture on George Schreyer web site but picture isn’t that great

Pretty sure it is Delton or Aristocraft Delton Classic (early runs). They are nearly identical to Lionel Large Scale. I have a bunch if needed. Here’s a photo from the web…

looks like Lionel large scale to me.

Edit: I pulled a parts list from a Classic box and it’s similar except at the end of the shank, the perpendicular is an L instead of a T.

I vote Not Delton/Classic.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delton and Aristo Classics, 1:24. They are larger than the 1/29 coupler, but have working lift pins.

If they were smaller …

Jon: Is that just couplers or do you also have trucks? I like Delton Trucks. Paul Austin

E. Paul Austin said:

Jon: Is that just couplers or do you also have trucks? I like Delton Trucks. Paul Austin

I have trucks too, but not willing to part with them! I love them too!w

John Caughey said:

Edit: I pulled a parts list from a Classic box and it’s similar except at the end of the shank, the perpendicular is an L instead of a T.

I vote Not Delton/Classic.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delton and Aristo Classics, 1:24. They are larger than the 1/29 coupler, but have working lift pins.

If they were smaller …

I agree John - I just went down and looked at one; L shaped tail pin. Switching my vote to Lionel large Scale.

Hmm, interesting how similar the heads are to Bachmann’s;

The back of that coupler is square/flat… the coupler proffered is angled in the back, both in the OP’s post and Jon’s picture.