Large Scale Central

Container Gardening

Thanks Boomer. So what your saying is my 3 days of labor should be tossed out because I used plywood and PT posts :] In my defense; the plywood has been mellowing outdoors for 5 years, and the PT posts for 15 years. I’m pretty sure they have both gassed out by now. I may coat the posts with vinyl just to reduce the contact area, and the plywood is already lined with PVC - so I hope I’m OK.

[following comment is not aimed at Boomer]

John - the stock tanks look like they work great. Be careful of the Organics folks - they’ll be telling you that your veggies are contaminated with Zinc from the galvanizing :]

Going to try and pick up some kind of planting medium this weekend. Bagged stuff is too pricey. I can get a yard of topsoil for $24 - going to try the local nurseries and landscape supplies for something better.

This weekend we picked up a half yard of topsoil, a bale of Sphagnum Moss and a bag of organic soil enhancer. Cost $20 more than my 15 bags of Miracle Crap and I had enough to fill the container, replace the dirt in all the flower pots and repair a wash-out on the lawn.

Today I added plastic edge cap to cover the exposed plywood edge. Mostly this is to keep from scraping arms, but will also help protect the wood.

Marilyn planted some carrots and radishes by seed. We’ll add tomatoes after Mothers day.

I’d take some more pictures but we are in for 40 days and nights of rain.