Large Scale Central

Conifers From Yucca Stalks

I have uploaded a PDF copy of a clinic handout to the freight shed that describes a method for making fake conifer trees from yucca stalks and furnace filter material. I gave this clinic back in 2000 at one of the Sn3 Symposiums in Denver, Colorado. It is based on an article I published in the Sn3 Modeler magazine back in 1999.

Although the article was intended for S scale modelers (1/64 scale), the method can be used to make realistic conifers in just about any scale. Many of the ones I made for my Sn3 layout were over two feet tall.

I’m not sure if the web links in the handout are still valid, and I know that the e-mail address listed for me is definitely outdated, but the contents are still good. Here is the link to the pdf file in the freight shed.

http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/bob_hyman/conifers/Conifers_From_Yucca_Stalks.pdf

Enjoy,

Bob

Sounds very interesting- Since we annually try to dig these weeds out, it would be nice to find a use for them- Unfortunately, the link seems to lead only to the table of contents… Still it is food for thought!

Thanks

Phil Anastasia said:

Sounds very interesting- Since we annually try to dig these weeds out, it would be nice to find a use for them- Unfortunately, the link seems to lead only to the table of contents… Still it is food for thought!

Thanks

Lead to an 18 page PDF for me.

Tom

Phil Anastasia said:

Thanks

Ill have to look into this for my micro layout.
Phil you can send a bunch my way.