Large Scale Central

Congestion at Indian Hill Junction (more pics)

The big Labor Day run got rained out before I could get much out on the line. Today I got out of work early and was able to take advantage of some nice late afternoon sun to get some pictures of the East end of the railroad, at the top of the hill. Three freights and two passenger trains all arrived at Indian Hill Junction. With a bit of shuffling, all 5 were turned and began the parade back down grade. I grabbed a lot of shots, here a bunch I thought worthy of posting.

Shay #5 handles the Jackson & Burke passenger train with the freights in the backgroundā€¦

By using the sidings and the legs of the wye, all 5 can be at the East end at once. I could probably have fit one more if I triedā€¦

All jammed up at Indian Hill junction waiting for the fat controller to decide who gets clearance on the main firstā€¦

M-10/M-11 got the call and moved out to hold just beyond Coal Dump Curve allowing #3 to bring the second passenger train to the junctionā€¦

It was a great afternoon!

3 Likes

Nice pics!

Love those passenger cars! :innocent:

So do I. You did a great job painting & decorating them. Didja notice the J&B caboose on the tail?

1 Like

I do NOW, but missed it the first time around. Pretty cool to see it all there!

Thanks for the great pictures, Jon. It looks like your railroad is doing a fine business.
Fred Mills

Iā€™m dragging up another old thread to add current pictures.

The railroad ran numerous Fatherā€™s Day Extras today, I grabbed a few shots out at the East End of the RR. A lot has changed scenically since the beginning of this thread with the removal of a large dying Boxwood and the addition of Kenā€™s refurbished structures.

Here, #8 backs itā€™s train beside the mill to allow the morning passenger run to passā€¦

Number 8 is still waiting in the hole, as is number 4 with the passenger train while 345 assisted by M-11 stop at Pine Tank after bringing a heavy train up the hillā€¦

Later in the day #345 works ā€˜the houseā€™ while #4 waits with the afternoon passenger train for M-11 to clear the mainā€¦

Number 8 and 345 team up for the sweep train and stop at Pine Tank to take water before clearing up all the sidingsā€¦

I still have thee sections of the RR that need a lot of weeding & repair, but most of the East End is looking good!

1 Like