Large Scale Central

Con struction, De struction, What's the diff?

As I mentioned elsewhere, I had a LOT of settling. I figured I probably would have a bunch, but not quite as much as I got… While I was at it, I figured I might as well increase the clearances so I could run the downsized Connie. The last time there was a break in the weather, I got the high fill area relevelled using boney, I also extended the edge of the fill to accomodate a couple cabins. Yesterday I filled the hole and put the foundations in

Then I worked on decreasing the grade on the curve by the front of the house. It’s still not perfect, but it’s getting better.

And a new retaining wall between the upper pond and the track. I may face this with ‘ties’ eventually.

Clearances still needed for the connie will involve re-doing one bridge and two tunnel mouths. I also need to relevel the entire curve by the porch - including inside the tunnel. Meanwhile the connie is acting squirelly anyway. I’m considering yanking ALL the circuit boards and putting in an incandescent headlight because the lights seem to be wired backwards (and I didn’t do it!). There’s also an intermittant bind in the drive someplace.

The bind in the Connie drive could be a loose motor mount. I think that was one of TOC’s fixes.

thanks, I’ll look. I replaced the axle gear, and it was ok, then – but this was the first time I tried actually running it, so who knows?
I may even have missed a bit of broken off tooth, but I thought I got them all

My LGB Forney worked great for about eight hours before it acted up. I lucked out a couple weeks ago when we went “down the hill” to go to lunch with a dealer/friend.

He told me to bring the Forney in so we could tear it apart. A friend of his flew in at lunch. He was a German LGB dealer!

One of the electrical pickups wasn’t working. We had power to the circuit board.
Since I don’t use MTS he wired around the “Chinese junk” as he called it and now it works fine. I’m not sure what he did but the lights also work fine.