Large Scale Central

Completed my P&LE Depot. See pictures!

I just finished my branch P&LE (Pittsburgh and Lake Erie) Depot. The bones of this depot is a POLA#933 “Cripple Creek” Train station. I typically have to repaint POLA models to be more prototypical of the RR’s I model, but luckily this model came in a color scheme that worked. I used incandescent lighting for the interior (in my experience with illumination, LEDs, even the “soft white” LEDs do not compare to the softness, brightness, and accuracy of incandescent lighting). I also installed an incandescent bulb about the loading dock (I added some mailbags and Heinz tomato ketchup boxes to the loading dock. These were accessories to Danbury Mint 1/24 model automobiles). I really love using Woodland Scenics’ Light Diffusing window film. In this case, since I didn’t want a detailed interior, it gives a nice effect while preventing the viewer from seeing into/through the structure. I used red LEDs at both ends of the loading doc. I thought it gave it a nice effect; they help the engineer gauge whether the appropriate car is nearest the dock for loading/unloading at dusk and night (at least that’s my story). My soldering skills still are lacking so I always hold my breath when I switch the power switch on my transformer for the first time. Since I wanted this model to be strictly a depot, I didn’t add any advertising decals and the like. I’ll eventually add prototype accurate depot decals as I locate them.

Please provide feedback and suggestions!

Looks good …I’m a huge fan of the current Wheeling and Lake Erie

Very nice indeed.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Looks great. Love the night lighting. Nice shots.

A wider shot showing the Depot in context would be nice. Both daylight and night would be great too.