Large Scale Central

Christmas Tree RR

It’s indoors and it’s small, but larger than a pizza RR. I’ve had it for a couple of years, but after this Christmas I decided to rebuild it, as the glue-and-nails construction wasn’t strong enough for the weight of the tree and walking on edge.

It’s on a five foot square piece of plywood with 1 by 2 framing. In my rebuild, I painted the board, added more cross bracing, screwed it together to replace the nails, ballasted the track, and added a grade crossing.

I can’t get the pix to show up, and I’ve been trying for over half an hour. Bob or John (or anyone), help! Now I don’t even see them in bad code. This is where they are:

http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/dick44/christmas_tree_rr/CLR_3.JPG

http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/dick44/christmas_tree_rr/CTR_1.JPG

and

http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/dick44/christmas_tree_rr/CTR_4.JPG

They are quite large, but using the editor I reduced them to 640 x 480 pixels. No use.

Here are the pix: "

I get a “Not Found” message

Ken Brunt said:

I get a “Not Found” message

me too

Me too, Would like to see the pics please.

Sorry, the pics have the wrong names.

It was nice to see the use of the underscore for naming pictures as spaces often don’t work.

I looked at the cTr_1 and it is HUGE.
Probably needs to be shrunk for posting.

So this is a permanent pizza. Have you glued down the ballast yet?

Vic Smith said:

So this is a permanent pizza…

did you never hear about family-sized pizzas?

Dick, if you have not glued the balast already, you might consider to glue a foamsheet between table and rails.
that would lower the noise and helps to put vegetation and stuff on the layout.

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/17297/under-pressure

The pix ARE huge 4000 x 3000 pixels in Freightshed, but using the icons above quick reply, I shrunk them to 640 by 480. That didn’t work either!

I’m deliberately keeping the scenery simple, as it sits beneath the tree, and I’ve got to leave room for presents!

The ballast is already glued down, usiing the indoor style of dilute white glue. Seems to hold really well, but I haven’t stored it for 11 months on its edge.

Sure do wish I could put the pix up. I’ve even got a quicktime movie fo a battery operated track cleaning train running around it.

Hi Dick… Looking good on Xmas tree board.
On size of photos, they need to be resized before you upload them to Frt. shed. I use Infranview program to resize photo before uploading here to our web storage. . Its a free program to use…

Dick Friedman said:

I can’t get the pix to show up, and I’ve been trying for over half an hour. Bob or John (or anyone), help!

Dick,

I hope you don’t mind, but I re-sized your pictures using the INSERT/EDIT IMAGE function and posted them here for you.

Korm Kormsen said:

Vic Smith said:

So this is a permanent pizza…

did you never hear about family-sized pizzas?

Well…

:wink:

i suppose, this is a texican pizza?

Now that’s one Pizza I can relate to. With out the train going around it… lol.

Thanks, Joe. I tried that, it didn’t seem to resize anything! I did resize a picture on the thread "Dick’s Mik Challenge 2014) in photoshop, but still can’t figure out the syntax for putting them into the posts.

Oh well. This Christmas Tree RR is the reason I’m falling behind in the Builders’ Challenge. But I have cut the masonite.

Thanks, Joe. I tried that, it didn’t seem to resize anything! I did resize a picture on the thread "Dick’s Mik Challenge 2014) in photoshop, but still can’t figure out the syntax for putting them into the posts.

Oh well. This Christmas Tree RR is the reason I’m falling behind in the Builders’ Challenge. But I have cut the masonite.

Wait a minute! You can’t eat masonite.

Dear Dick, my Sacramento friend:
I think your first assignment should be to set your camera to take much smaller photos. Mostly all you need is a size that will show up well on our little monitors at home.
My l’il ol’ 3mpx Canon’s smallest picture size is 640x480px, good enough for 99% of what I shoot. These smaller images use up way less memory and their upload and download times are good and fast as well. Your e-mail correspondents, especially those with slower connections, will thank you if you send them smaller snapshot, believe me.
You’ll also find that smaller pix will allow you to experiment with pasting and all that and get your feedback PDQ.
4000x3000 size images are enormous, way beyond what anyone needs unless they’re going to print wallpaper. If you right-click on one of these images and look at its properties you’ll see just how enormous they are, MB-wise. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some kind of size limiter or simple electronic glitch interferes with what you’re trying to do.
End of unasked-for advice from yours truly.
I hope we’re still friends.:wink:
Cheers!

Although it’s a hassle, when I remember to resize my pix, I do. I download them from my camera, load them into Photoshop, resize them then save them (I have then two copies of the picture).

Problem is, I don’t remember.

But I think the main problem is the syntax of placing the photos. Standard HTML doesn’t seem to work Even copying and pasting the URL of the freightshed image doesn’t seemto work, and, frankly, I’m pretty tired of trying to figure it out.

In the old days, I’d just look at someone else’s code to see what works. But that doesn’t work either.

Oh, and you can eat masonite. I hear it’s the main ingredient in imported Chinese food. Oh, sorry that’s melamine.