Large Scale Central

Chocolate train

Pulled these pictures off Facebook, I have seen other creations from this page .

6 Likes

Pete;

Alas, mine is not edible.

Besy, David Meashey

2 Likes

Pete,

I never thought the word “yum” could be used on a model railway website until I discovered @Devon_Sinsley Devon’s cooking thread.

…and while I can’t say I have much experience in kit bashing I’d be willing to suggest many of us here would love to have a crack at eating it down a bit.

My thought is that the boiler looks more like the boiler of a mogul and not of a 10-wheeler and as such, it would look better as a 2-4-0 and…

No, scratch that!

…a gandy dancer and let’s head over to the Martha Stewart website and see if she is available to suggest what any of the unconsumed left over parts might be used for.

And now you are bringing rivet counting to this thread, Bill? LOL!

Pete!

Of course I am.

I just don’t know how these chocolate rivets would be counted…

…by the rivet?
…by the handful?
…by the mouthful?

Bill

I saw that video plus another where he made a robot arm with claw and a giant squid. Amazing talent and he makes it look easy but then again when you have all the tools it helps. Imagine a CNC machine for chocolate?

1 Like

Bill,
Probably more than any other hobby I have I love cooking. My mom had me in the kitchen since before I can remember. I have no memory that exists before cooking with my mom. What she taught me was the basics. What I learned on my own was a utter fascination with the different cuisines of the world and especially the use of the vast world of spice.

I have over the years learned the basics on what ethnic foods use what spices and in what quantities. I have learned to cook with them and have even developed some hand crafted spice blends of my own.

One of my favorite things on the planet is cooking excellent flavorful foods for the people I love. I have even been know to overnight mail a dinner to a friend and his wife.

Most people have a spice rack or maybe even a cupboard. I have spices on a rack, in a cupboard, and in a plastic tote. I buy spice in bulk and in many cases grind my own fresh.

We’re waiting. . . .

1 Like

Yeah, what Pete said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Since were talking about… “Chocolate Trains” …One of the greatest things I learned from my mother … One must understand the taste of potato,macaroni,pasta salad “when you make it” as it will be completely different after it rests in the fridge for 12/24 or more hrs!

When I saw this thread I thought I would look to railfan other places in the Hershey area and found this “AGAIN”

Calling Hollywood … I’ll drive this time like I always do anyway! Can’t go to services there tomorrow as I’m currently “Dog Sitting” …Rocky…is his name but he has made my Christmas …

1 Like

Looks like a great Christmas pal, Rooster. How’s Rocky’s driving?

Dan,
Still thinking about that Southern Baptist meal you offered after church awhile back if I visit. Do you think Rock can do I -95 if I got him a steering ball and a phone book to sit on with pedal extensions in the truck or perhaps we should take the volvo wagon but the truck would be more …never mind

1 Like

I’m sure Rocky can drive as well or better than some of the idiots :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I see driving nowadays.

if i look at those pics (of the loco, not of the dog) i see a sweet model in aprox. gauge 4 or 1:10 scale.

but deep down…
… what i really see is a year’s ration of choclate!!!

1 Like

Since we must be on page three since the thread has already been detoured I note the similarity of profile between:

Reverend Nathaniel R. Snowden serves as pastor to Derry, Paxton, and Harrisburg (later Market Square) Churches. He leaves Derry and Paxton Churches in 1796.
And an oft posted image of a gent pointing the way over the mountains