Large Scale Central

Cherry Hill Station-ish

I like the Pola “Cherry Hill Station” as a small building.

But they’re hard to find and pricey for what they are when they do show up (like most Pola stuff). So, some work in CAD gives me a reasonable facsimile.

next up is the roof.

good job! When a opportunity doesn’t make itself available, and the need is there…do it yourself!
-Deneh

I seem to recall Rooster using a foam core for this little gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruKWvmQ1bs

I’m curious on how your clapboard will print out. Are you modeling it to represent something like this?

Or flat, with grooves at the joints?

I suppose either will print fine, I just don’t recall seeing it done.

Well Cliff,
He could always model the real one and forget about the clapboard on Pola’s model ?
Then the question " I " would have is how the lambs tongue’s on the baseboard along with the door rail and stiles are gonna print out?

Cheat to win. Rotated rectangles about 7 degrees.

1 Like

I like the proportions on this one, that it’s square, and it’s reasonably 1:20, even though its Pola-scale, whatever that’s supposed to be. Not thrilled with the tiny window, I need to change that in my CAD.

1 Like

Low-res test print of a wall. Not too shabby.

3 Likes

Impressive!

Is THAT printed in resin, or PLA? What printer did you use?

Wherre will this be located?

PLA+ on my Neptune 4 Max. This is at .2 layer height, I’ll print the final one in .1.

Not sure where it’ll go, Ill probably just sprinkle a few around the layout.

Ready for test assembly. Then I can figure out the roof.

Roof and assembly jig. About the right proportions.

Im not going to bother with printing the raised seam roofing, Ill just roof it with coppper sheet or something.

Onward!

Finally got around to the test assembly. Need to tweak the corners a bit for a better fitment without a lot of filing, but overall it’s about complete.

I don’t know how the printed material works but is it possible to just scribe lines and paint copper?

Final tweaks. Looks nice, everything lines up like it should.

Roof assembly jig to hold alignment. I ‘tack welded’ it with a soldering iron. Will run a big bead of epoxy in the slot underneath.

1 Like

Perfect!
Now it needs at least a 4 color paint scheme.

1 Like

Corporate yellow and brown. Copper for the roof. That’s 3…

Possibly some red for an accent color then?

or transparent varnish for the windows… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

BTW…you could have printed some exposed rafter ends or corbels on the bottom side in turn locking the roof in place to the walls.

Just sayin.
Maybe next time?