Large Scale Central

Changes

With this new software program a few of us have been trying out, I thought it might be a good time to expand the sidings in Delores from 2 to 3 running next to the engine house.

In order to save some space a 3-way stub turnout was chosen for the yard throat. Didn’t take long to build with all the rainy days we’ve been having.

New turnout in place:

There were 3 bushes I had to move, but that was done previously. 2 sidings in place.

It still needs some ballast since with the rain the stuff is soaked.

There also looks to be enough room for a small loading dock to the left.

I should be able to store more cars and terminate more trains here now.

Nice, ken, I like it… Area could be used as a freight yard, and if a loading dock is placed on the left track, that would make a nice team track…

I likes it.

Did you build the frogs yourself?

Steve Featherkile said:

I likes it.

Did you build the frogs yourself?

They’re cast resin frogs. Made a bunch of them years ago.

Which resin did you use? I thought that the resin that was available to schlubs like us was too soft.

CR-900 I believe.

Though I did have some other types of frogs that turned rubbery, but these are fine.

Thanks, I’ll file that away for future use…

Nice looking switch Ken. I like the area next to the engine house. BTW what did you make your turn table pit out of? I like it!!!

Chuck

The pit floor is made from 6 6" wide pieces of PVC board glued together. The sides are acrylic screwed to PVC posts that were screwed to the pit floor with PP stone block veneer glued on top of that.

Nice - hopefully I can get up there sometime to operate again. Wasn’t that the very same place you had just put down some fresh ballast?

All my turnouts have frogs I cast in resin…I use the stuff that Micromark sells…nuttin special…and if they wear out or deform…I just remove 4 screws and drop in an identical one…

…(http://www.freethoughtnation.com/components/com_comment/joscomment/emoticons/funny/images/smile.png)…

Bruce Chandler said:

Nice - hopefully I can get up there sometime to operate again. Wasn’t that the very same place you had just put down some fresh ballast?

Yup, I had removed the bushes, leveled it, put the stone block wall in and lengthened the track that was there with the idea of this in mind.

I was trying to fit an operating session in now that I think I have the hang of this stuff, but it’ll have to wait till I get back from Bob’s.

Nice work Ken. I need to learn and start making my turnouts, especially for my new layout when we move.

nice looking Ken. Should give you some new moves to ponder

Looks good, Ken. In fact, it inspires me to…umm…daydream some more. :slight_smile:

You’ve had rain? Nice work.great looking turnouts.

Ric,

Here in the Panhandle of Florida, I think we have had 2 or 3 days since the first of July without some amount of rain. It is getting downright depressing.

Bob C,

Bob,

I’ll second that in the Jacksonville area! Really mucks up my operating sessions. :frowning:

Bob Cope said:

Ric,

Here in the Panhandle of Florida, I think we have had 2 or 3 days since the first of July without some amount of rain. It is getting downright depressing.

Bob C,

Same here in WNC. A few days a month with no rain, going all the way back to Spring.
Nice weather this weekend. The first time in I don’t remember how long :wink:
Ralph