Large Scale Central

Chain Gang

Boomer Keel said:
Okay that was a hour of my life wasted. Guess I won’t post any pictures. So other being $ 5 a month cheaper how is this better than MLS?

There are no annoying moderators who make up rules as they go along…:wink: and pitures are easy…

Add to the above:

a) outages are very rare,

b) updates and improvements don’t interfer with the operation

c) all members are equal i.e. all of us have minimal advertising to “put up with”.

:wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Pictures here are dead easy, no tags to worry about, just paste the image url in the box.

Boomer Keel said:
Okay that was a hour of my life wasted. Guess I won't post any pictures. So other being $ 5 a month cheaper how is this better than MLS?
Here you get a welcome aboard, even when you don't introduce yourself. Pics, although I usually load from Photobucket, you can click on the myFiles button. Click browse and pick the photo you want from your files and click the upload button. Choose the pic you want to show from your free storage files and upload to the site. And you can look in [u]Articles[/u] for the one Bruce Chandler ( I believe) wrote up for those having problems. And this site works 365 days a year, 24/7. so we tend to stay here.
Boomer Keel said:
Okay that was a hour of my life wasted. Guess I won't post any pictures. So other being $ 5 a month cheaper how is this better than MLS?
The posts appear in chronological order. The site owner is not an "absentee landlord".

For me posting pictures on the “other site” was like walking on broken glass…Here I simply copy the image tag from Photo-bucket and paste it in the reply.

Very friendly folks on this site I would agree 10 fold. As for picture posting… I strongly disagree! I side with Boomer. I battled with this last week. I have better things to do than fight with something that is supposed to be an enjoyable part of my hobby. I visit this forum and others to learn and share with others. I have followed the instruction outlined by Dave Marconi. No luck, the picture that kept appearing was one that I deleted months ago. I have done the IMG bracketing thing with no luck. I have just resigned myself to be a verbal member of LSC. I am not a computer guy and I am able to post photos on other sites without the issues I deal with here. I am a free member so I am not disappointed. I pay NOTHING! I can’t and don’t expect the world. My 2 cents…

First of all I am not very computer savy, but I find posting pictures here is easy. I download them to my freightshed (here) then simply paste to my post. No fancy computer codes or editing or whatever. If I can do it anyone can.

Another option for posting pictures is this site:
http://tinypic.com/index.php
All you do is dowload your photo and then you get all the links you need to post from forums to e-mails to a direct link. Thats all I use and I found it super easy. just cut and paste.

Bruce’s picture posting pictorial for Windows using LSC to host your photos :wink:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=96

Pictures are EASY here. Use no spaces or stuff like this )^&#* in the file name and you should have no problems.
Ralph

What we have, here, is a failure to communicate! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome. Nice pics.

They look great!

Boomer,

Just saw this today. What a great group! Who would have ever expected an entire pit crew to wind up this way?

Rivet Counter Alert: I fear you may have invented the State Prison version of the old missionaries and cannibals in a rowboat problem. I don’t think so many prisoners will fit in that truck with the guard, dog, and driver all at the same time. So how do you transport them back to prison without some prisoners overpowering a corrections officer and/or escaping some other way? If one is a trustee that can be left behind and returned for later, why is he in chains now when there are two guards and a dog available to prevent any wandering?

I’m sure you must have considered all this since so much great planning is clearly evident in all your projects.

Thanks for sharing them with us, and keep them coming please.

Boomer that chain gang is awesome!

Thanks for the info Boomer. I really enjoy how you modify your figures. It gives me some hope.

PS. Glad you got the photo thing fixed.

I like your chain gang Boomer. It is alot of work painting all those stripes. Here is a photo of my cons working along side a couple of Chinese fellas. Note the 3 making a run for it at the top of the photo. I made these dudes from Sculpey.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/capecodtodd/_forumfiles/LedgeWork.jpg)

Keep an eye on your guys or they might decidee to RUN OFT

boomer, it’s good, that you found the how-to.

concerning thesecondary theme…

this site has another advantage: even the biggest a**-h*les from the other site do behave civilised over here.