Large Scale Central

Casey's Saloon on the Durango & Jasper

Very very slow. Things are getting more intense as the clock gets closer to NGRC o’clock

Trying to see if we can make it there, what day is the tour at your layout?

1 Like

July 8. Last day of tours. I think 8am to noon.

Darn, we will be leaving that morning.

1 Like

Any LSC person who wants to come on a different day or time, just message me and we can work it out.

Oh, and Rick: I’m kind of, sort of, “on the way” from the convention to your house, if that’s where you are going.

If you go Pete could you swing by and pick me up please?

1 Like

Starting to test fit the saloon on the layout. So far, I’m happy with it. Need to get the lights hooked up! For my own satisfaction…

We’ll be right over with our PLAYMOBIL to stage the rest of the construction shots! Looking really, really good (as usual with your builds!).

Eric

1 Like

No problem I will call when I’m a hour away…

Testing the roof lights. Looking ok so far. Phew!

1 Like

Rooster meet me at 7:30 Saturday the 8th in front of the hotel, have a spot on the bus reserved for you!:joy:

Is warping of PVC a well known property of Rust-Oleum paint? Or did I do something else wrong?

I did leave it outside in 80 degree sunshine to dry…

1 Like

I think it was the sunshine being absorbed by the dark color. Get’s real warm quickly.

1 Like

Gotcha. Sigh. Time to rescore my interior floor and repaint!

1 Like

Might try laying it on a flat surface and using a heat gun or hair dryer to lay it out flat again.

1 Like

I am partway through a new one. Not much work. I will probably put braces on as well, to guard against later warping.

I wonder if the paint is attacking the PVC foam somehow, in a non-uniform manner?

Maybe try a small piece indoors or out of the sun, and take the UV or heat out of the equation for a bit of a test? Perhaps concentrate the spray in one area, and not others?

Who knows Jim, you may have hit on a next gen artform: spray-warping!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cliff:

I did almost exactly what you suggested. There’s another part of the interior (a long bar and wall behind it) that I painted and let dry in the garage out of the sun. No warpage on that. So Jon is (not surprisingly) correct.

I’ve added some wood backing to the larger piece and will paint/dry tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Looking forward to seeing it in person Jim!!!