Large Scale Central

Carlisle Truck Show

So at the the show today I saw this rooster and it reminded me of our @Rooster And it is for sale abour 20" tall porcelain…20240802_100439|375x500

So you sent it on it’s way to Cliff to guard his work shop? :innocent: :sunglasses:

Interesting. I’m originally from the West. I have never understood the idea of having a very large chicken (rooster) displayed in my yard. Around here in Missouri they’re all over the place. Why?
Not denouncing the idea, just wonder about it. It kinda goes with the cement miniature unlife-like barn red deer and the gnomes holding a lantern.

1 Like

Many countries believe that the rooster symbolizes confidence luck and protection. Also according to Feng Shui the rooster is a symbol of good luck and prosperity.

• Google search

Because if they used anything else like a deer, bear , rabbit , squirrel…etc it would get a spotlight on it at 4am and shot at !
A rooster on the other hand gets…Aaahhhh, ain’t nothing but an egg maker and egg layer in that yard Cletus keep driving!

1 Like

Good point. But around Carlisle Pennsyltucky, there’s a chance it might also invoke more essential ideas… like “Sunday dinner.” Or “BB gun practice.”

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bruce, I agree, and FWIW I think the resurgence craze of pink flamingos is even more flipped out…

Flocks of pink flamingos were everywhere around the Philadelphia suburbs when I grew up though the 1950’s and 60’s. Our house did not have any, but we did have a master bath tiled in pink with black accents.

Amazing. And if it were a real flamingo, you’d be put in jail for eating it. Roosters are different in that way.

[edit] Oops I thought I was on the fun foods thread, sorry Wayne :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Being retired, I worked in Gunnison Colorado at a hardware store for extra money. Well behold, an odd woman came in and was looking for latex paint and small parts to make a tiny house.
I thought she was modeling something like G scale buildings but I was dead wrong. She was building forest fairy buildings to place on a new trail that was finished in Crested Butte about 10 miles up the road. She wanted to please the little fellows so the trail would be sucessful. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I helped her find non toxic paint and wood products because she was VERY concerned. I hoped, after she left, that the looney wagon would not pick her up at wherever she was headed.
tsk tsk tsk…Colorado is such a place it scares me!