Large Scale Central

C.V.S.Ry. aquires Colorado & Southern coaches

Confirms my observation that your trucks are a little different than mine. Mine have the brass (or bronze I’ve heard) bushings that slide in and out of the journal boxes. The journal boxes also move side-to-side in the truck frame.

I think Stan’s method will work for me if I need it. I don’t want to drill the journal boxes.

Thanks for the instructions Pete. I’ll put them in a safe place. Maybe I will remember I have them when I’m ready!

On mine, there is a big ugly piece of white plastic in the aisle covering the regulator. They could at least used black plastic as a cover :frowning:

For Mickey -

Road trials today were successful with a single C-19 pulling two cars and a caboose. The only mods were removal of all power pick up wipers and liberal lubrication of all axles.

These pictures confirm the grade is 4.5% at the spot the train stalled with the cars as-delivered…

And this is raw video of a successful run up the hill with a single C-19…

Based on these results I won’t be investing in ball bearings. If I ever add additional cars they will be needed, but I don’t foresee that happening.

That’s a nifty tool for measuring grades Jon. Well done on the solution.

Cheers
Neil

I can’t take credit for the idea, but I painstakingly cut it on a table saw. It’s called a step block and jumps .5% per step when used with a 4’ level. Uses basic rise over run math.

Talked to AMS today. The model numbers that start with AM54 are the older ones and the ones that start with P20 are the new ones with ball bearings and light change. He said they will be getting more of the coach and combine in but not sure when but probably 2nd half of year.

Thanks. That explains the price difference I see at RLD. Older ones going for $65 less than new models.