Large Scale Central

Building the CR&N Deadline:July 2017

Devon

I was thinking of you, as I was doing general track maintenance , weeding etc … This work does bring you away from stressful things… How are you doin?

Get out there and putter … it does wonders…

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Devon

I was thinking of you, as I was doing general track maintenance , weeding etc … This work does bring you away from stressful things… How are you doin?

Get out there and putter … it does wonders…

I am doing what I can. I have not abandon the RR. I get out there and still work on it, just not very hard and not very long. I will get after it this weekend and try and get the final spur in. I have started filling in the bench with dirt. I tried a new approach to the lifting bridge that I though might work with no luck (need those offset hinges). I went around and cleaned up my construction mess, pulled weeds, staked up my climbing rose, and added a bunch more crushed basalt fines to the areas that have settled. While on the couch yesterday I started gauging my rolling stock wheels. I have even run trains. So I am not out of the game but I just don’t have a lot in me.

The good news is I think the meds I am taking are starting to kick in. I worked my first full day of work in over a week yesterday and didn’t need to sleep for 15 hours, I could have, but didn’t need too. Symptoms seem to be subsiding a little.

This is good news on all fronts! Get well soon. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

You have until Monday.

John Passaro said:

You have until Monday.

I have until Monday to do what? I have an operating RR. Have had for a week. Oh you mean if there are no pictures it hasn’t happened?!. Stay tuned. Friday some last minute finalization, Sunday a rockin’ good time at a free airshow for my birthday and then Sunday we will drive the golden spike and I will debut the RR. Remember to bring popcorn and lots of imagination. after all like everyone’s RR it is still a work in progress. But it is where I expected it to be at this point in time. A place for me to run trains and develop my vision for years to come. Donations of buildings sent next day air at donors cost will be greatly appreciated. Especially from Mr. Passaro. That engine house you built for the challenge would look mighty fine.

If I sent a certain BBQ joint, after close examination, it would be condemed and set back… postage collect. glad to see you are on the mend. Now don’t over do things, slow and steady , except the pictures and video, that is due by Sunday evening.

Devon Sinsley said:

John Passaro said:

You have until Monday.

I have until Monday to do what? I have an operating RR. Have had for a week. Oh you mean if there are no pictures it hasn’t happened?!. Stay tuned. Friday some last minute finalization, Sunday a rockin’ good time at a free airshow for my birthday and then Sunday we will drive the golden spike and I will debut the RR. Remember to bring popcorn and lots of imagination. after all like everyone’s RR it is still a work in progress. But it is where I expected it to be at this point in time. A place for me to run trains and develop my vision for years to come. Donations of buildings sent next day air at donors cost will be greatly appreciated. Especially from Mr. Passaro. That engine house you built for the challenge would look mighty fine.

Devon Sinsley said:

…Sunday a rockin’ good time at a free airshow for my birthday and then Sunday we will drive the golden spike and I will debut the RR. …

Well guys. I may end up disappointing. I have had a set back in my health. Might be overdoing it. I am pretty much back on my butt. I am working on it today but not sure it will be show ready. We will see. I dont want to show it off until it’s done.

Devon Sinsley said:
Well guys. I may end up disappointing. I have had a set back in my health. Might be overdoing it. I am pretty much back on my butt. I am working on it today but not sure it will be show ready. We will see. I dont want to show it off until it’s done.

Seriously, we are NOT disappointed. It’s all about having fun, not deadlines.

I would just have Bob change the title to “Building the CR&N”. No need for a date; who needs any pressure?

Take care of yourself so you can build later!

No need for duplicates.

Bruce Chandler said:

Devon Sinsley said:

Seriously, we are NOT disappointed. It’s all about having fun, not deadlines.

I would just have Bob change the title to “Building the CR&N”. No need for a date; who needs any pressure?

Take care of yourself so you can build later!

I’m with Bruce. Just get well!

Well Devon, it’s time to do what any respectable modeler would do in this case… change the deadline date on your thread!

Best wishes on a quick recovery. Get well soon.

-Kevin.

well, Devon,

i know, that it must be disapointing, if you can’t disapoint us…

but i’m sure, that there will be one or two elderly gentlemen among us, who understand, that health comes before hobby.

Devon Sinsley said:

UH OH! It’s never done!

My inflammation inside the brain bag took 6 weeks of absolute bed rest to beat, nothing to gain by rushing your recovery, please make sure to put your health before the trains.

We want you back, as well as your trains.

Your buddy,

John

One’s health is much more important than a self imposed completion deadline… Besides, It’s as John stated… ““It’s Never done””…

Devon Sinsley said: I have an operating RR. Have had for a week.

I willing to take Devons word for it …

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Devon Sinsley said: I have an operating RR. Have had for a week.

I willing to take Devons word for it …

I merely quoted the man from yesterday, I’ll play along as I did what you suggest…

We can have it both ways.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Pax,

John

Well one nice thing I have on my side is a former Marine/Navy Corpman turned Physician’s Assistant. Steve Featherkyle is 2/3 grumpy Marine/Sailor and 1/3 caring doc. Although I am sure even he will admit that concept is very fluid. But he encouraged me to drink water yesterday (I was already but he was pretty firm about it) and to rest. I did, and today I am feeling a bunch better. I think I just pushed it to far at the airshow. 7 hours sitting in the sun on the hot tarmac was to much for someone on a diuretic. I ran out of juice. But yesterday I worked for 15-20 the rested for 30 or so then went back out and so on for several hours. Drinking lots of water and never letting myself get overheated.

As a result. I almost got the final spur in. I am getting there. And don’t worry my health is coming first. This is one of the craziest things I have ever had. I hope they figure me out soon.

Devon, “figure you out”? Oh, that has so many connotations…(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)