Large Scale Central

Building a 30 Deg Crossing (for Bruce)

Oh man. I just got the crossing. The shipping container itself is very impressive, as it is made from Masonite.

When I opened the box, I was delighted to see one beautiful crossing. It is rock solid and gorgeous and looks even better in person than it did in the pictures. I’ll put up a review as soon as I get it installed on the layout. Too bad it’s going to rain tomorrow. :frowning:

So whats wrong with the rest of the afternoon?

/me taps foot

I agree. Plenty of daylight left :wink:
Ralph

You’re right; lots of daylight left…

I bring out the tools to cut the track for the new switch and the crossing.

Oops. Dremel needs charging. :frowning:

Oh well, at least the switch is ready to go. No, I need to move the switch stand ties to the other side of the switch.

Oh, and I guess I better build a new switch stand. I think I have enough brass parts.

It looks like I’ll have to use part of my test track downstairs for the new siding; I sure thought I had enough without that.

At least I was smart enough to order the track joiners and they have arrived.

Oh yeah. Rodney said I should put some boiled linseed oil on the bottom of the ties. Dang…it’s too late to head over to the hardware store as we’re already about 90 minutes into rush hour and it’s the start of Spring break weekend. I’m not brave enough to face that traffic. :wink:

I do have the Tufboard pieces for the track foundation, but the ground is just too wet from all the rain to put that in.

Oh well, there may be enough daylight, but I have a few other issues as well. :smiley:

Is it done yet?

Bruce,
You are very proficient with that laundry list of excuses :slight_smile:
You should come out of retirement. Your country needs you :wink:
This skill is in much demand on Capital Hill :smiley:
Ralph

Spring break? Is there also a college near you? How big is it to cause a traffic jam?

It’s I-95 South. On a Friday, it’s always backed up, starting about 3 and going to 7 or so. Not that I’d take that, but Old Keene Mill comes off of there and that’s the route to the hardware store.

Better to wait until tomorrow or later.

Edit: Right now, there’s a lot of RED on Old Keene Mill Road, according to the Trafficland site. I-95 shows red and black. Green is OK. I was just watching the traffic in Springfield and it’s just not moving.

Steve Featherkile said:
Ric said:
What's that! Somebody cross the equator?
You betcher sweet a$$ I did.
But did you see the Sun????

Paul