Large Scale Central

Bridge repair and paint.

Got tired of the old flat Black color. Due to had to do miner repair of light and adj. the micro Sw’s. We decided to paint to new color on Swing Bridge and Girders Bridges. Girders are Silver except the bottom supports that are painted black.
This photo show of testing the pin locks and cking to see if the Red 3 MM LED lights up on the Oper. house.
After these, still have the other Bridges to pull out and paint Silver yet.

Just a side note.
Some are wondering why we post here and it because most of our train group guys don’t know how to use computers and have to have there wife’s show this to them for updates on the R.R. This works for all of us to go back to see difference changes that are made and updates for next train runs… So that why we show so much detail and not to show off what we do or have here. It just a hobby for us old guys to have fun. Noel

Boy… I sure stired up the water and at waist deep, it was sure cold getting in there to get the bridge lifted out and back in. There fish in there some where… lol.

The silver colour reflects nicely in the pond. Nice looking bridge there.

i am suspecting, Noel did make the bridge shiny just for one reason.
that he can see easier, if it is open or closed, before he sends a train over it…
:slight_smile:

That bridge really POPS in silver. Nice.

Thank’s guy for the comments… I just got tired of Black, but Korm, I like your ans better… lol. Now have to pull the rest of the old rusty silver bridges out and re-do them in new Silver paint… Sure shows up nice at night when lite up.

After a few yr’s. it time for maint. work again… Seems like it never gets done.
Our next thing to get done is to repairing and paint the two 5 foot bridges out of Pine tree Jct.

This show where we pulled them out.

Showing them sanded and primer on all bad spots.

We decided to change out the Guard rails from 332 to 250 rails for easier track cleaning on the 332 main line rails.
This is showing about the same way we did the 332 rails. The 250 rail ties are cut to fit to hold them in place.

Now the other rail. We bend the guard rails in some on the ends.

Installed in place with Hillmans rail clamp then aligned with the walk boards to keep the track aligned on the bridges.

Testing the Lights after there were plugged in and put the access bridge tops back on.

Another view and done with these two…

Next is the 12 foot bridge along the back fence yet to do.

Tk’s Boomer… We had a hard time trying to clean track leaning over our walk bridge so we made these to have the tops removable. Sure help on long bridges over 3’. Hope you get your the same way…
The green is not so green out around us. We’re in the country. It’s dry weed fields and not to many trees, so we decided 35 yr’s ago or more to plant lot of trees and now hard to find the sun, but keeps the ground moist a lot better. We put in a reservoir out back and lot of trees around it . Its more or less our watering sys. with ditches around the acre lot.

The other thing is… We have a good welder guy so I kind of setup the kind of bridges I like but he can make other type. Some has ask if we can make any more up. There probably won’t be cheap, there made out of sq. tubing. They are heavy bridges and he can make any link you want if interested.
There not cheaply made and we have install light on them to run off of the yard Malabo type lighting.
The darn shipping is out of site tho.

I’m getting ready to pull out the 12 foot bridge for painting. It’s made to look like three bridges, but it’s welded as one.

Looks sharp, Noel

We got the 12 foot bridge out and now cleaning and repaint it … Also, had to repair the walk boards.

“I just un-did the rail clamps and unplugged it.”

Priming and cleaning.

This is where it use to be but needs cleaning up.

Ready to paint Silver and will show when done.

Started on the Garden R.R. building and one is for the Swing Bridges with a spk mounted in it, but the plugs and Spk. in the old farm barn disappeared.

Some animal chewed them up?
Had to make another ground plug and use an old Bacmann mine building and install a Marine outdoor Spk. this time.

Back side showing the Spk. The small barn on the ground use to have a spk in it, but nothing left but a spk metal frame… lol.

Painted the Bridge control box and test.

Started on painting and repair some of the buildings from last year storage. More to get out yet.
Never ending maint. to our R.R. I guess.

In a few day will start setting in the building around the layout and still have all of the 18 ea of 1 to 3 foot pine trees to get in yet.
Just a slow process getting stuff ready for our Train group get-to gether’s and BBQ’s, Least now the tracks and bridges are done, and trains are running.

Andy Clarke said:

Looks sharp, Noel

Tk’s Andy for the comment. We love to share and get ideas for all of you on LSC. Guess this seem like home to us and our train group now.

At the first of the post we did here on the bridges. We inserted a side note and hope most understand why we post so much of what we do here as a group. tks again Andy and all. Noel

Noel Wilson said:

Andy Clarke said:

Looks sharp, Noel

Tk’s Andy for the comment. We love to share and get ideas for all of you on LSC. Guess this seem like home to us and our train group now.

At the first of the post we did here on the bridges. We inserted a side note and hope most understand why we post so much of what we do here as a group. tks again Andy and all. Noel

Noel,

I look forward to all of your posts. Having visited your railroad, I can certainly understand the maintainence that you have to go through. Yours is a really big elaborite undertaking. I love it! Keep up the good work. Cudos to you and your fellow train group.

:slight_smile:

Tk’s Joe and Wifie Z. You know you always welcome when visiting the kids in Rancho C. We even let you work on the layout too… We have extra dirt, rocks, tools, soldering gun and etc…lol… Beside run a train or two. Noel & Jane

It’s always great fun to come run trains on your railroad. I know the work involved, but the results are really outstanding.

I had some black bridges and found some were nearly invisible. One I painted rust red, but later put silver on it. Really like that color, especially in shady areas.

If you’re in the neighborhood on 6/21 daytime drop in and see if it runs!

Last few days we finished up the town of Wilsonville and track ballasting. Now waiting for it to set up.
Getting closer to set up the people and veh. for our Sat. night Train group run and Bbq . Starting to looking ok again.

I love Wilsonville! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing some more videos!
Ralph

Tk’s guys for the nice comments… Tomorrow got to fix one LGB Sw. motor and get the 4 foot R/C barge and Tug out to set up at Butthead Cove Dock.
We need to ck. out the lights on them to. These guys are not to good of a boatman trying to get the Tug and Barge thru the Swing Bridge sometimes. They need all of the help that can get and lights help. Lol.
We’ll try to get some night videos of Sat. night run.