Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southerns Upstairs Run

Last Friday, I got my carpenter over, and had him install the foundation fot the ““Planter Shelf””, that the upstairs train layout will traverse… Below are some pictues of the foundation… This picture below is one “Planter Shelf” that we had installed on the wall, separating the Breakfast nook and the Sunroom…

The below picture shows were the foundation framing connects with the existing planter shelf, and head (left) into the kitchen and will run along the tops of the kitchen cabinets.

The connection with the kitchen cabinets.

The below picture shows where the track will run from the kitchen, thru the wall, and onto the nw framing in the Dining room…

The below pictures shows the framing along the living room wall…

It connects thru the wall to the Planter shelf shown in the first picture in this entry… Next step, is to wrap the framing in drywall, then tape and mud in the drywall, then texture and paint tthe “Planter Shelf”, to match the existing wall color…

That’s going to be great.
Country singer Buck Owens was a big HO guy. His house in Bakersdield had a layout in the house that even ran through the bathroom! Any room for expansion?

That is going to be so cool when done. Im trying to get my wife to let me do that

Good pictures, but it looks better than the pictures can show. People have to remember, Andy built a house around the railroad he has in his head.

Ric Golding said:
Good pictures, but it looks better than the pictures can show. People have to remember, Andy built a house around the railroad he has in his head.
Theres a Railroad in that head. I thought it was just rocks. :)
Geoff George said:
Ric Golding said:
Theres a Railroad in that head. I thought it was just rocks. :)
Geoff, rocks would be too heavy, my head would always tilt...... :) Besides, if I had rocks in, I wouldn't have to keep buying rocks for the yard....... :)

Looking good Andy. Guess since you’re restricted on outside work you found a new track crew you can manage from the lounger. :slight_smile: Good to hear you’re doing :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OK, I know how it gets from the basement to outside and vice versa. What I wanna know now is how does it get from downstairs to way up there?..:wink:

Andy Clarke said:
Geoff, rocks would be too heavy, my head would always tilt...... :)
You mean further than it already does? I can't believe you had the carpenter take out the 2nd floor!!! :)
Ken Brunt said:
OK, I know how it gets from the basement to outside and vice versa. What I wanna know now is how does it get from downstairs to way up there?..............;)
MAGIC............. :)
David Marconi said:
Looking good Andy. Guess since you're restricted on outside work you found a new track crew you can manage from the lounger. :) Good to hear you're doing :) :)
Outside work is done for now, too cold and too wet with both rain & snow.... TY, and, yes, I'm doing.... Can now manage the stairs to the basement... I'm not using the walker around the house anymore.... :)
Andy Clarke said:
I'm not using the walker around the house anymore.... :)
This is good news! :)

You don’t have earthquakes do you?

Paul

That’s pretty cool Andy.

An idea I’ve had, but will never install, is a car elevator. Like a straight-line table only vertical.

E. Paul Austin said:
You don't have earthquakes do you?

Paul

Only when they are provoked by HMG… also know as " Human Methane Gas"… which is usually released after consumption of “Haystack” in your favorite diner!
:wink:

E. Paul Austin said:
You don't have earthquakes do you?

Paul

yes but not very often. Nothing like SoCal.

Andy Clarke said:
Ken Brunt said:
OK, I know how it gets from the basement to outside and vice versa. What I wanna know now is how does it get from downstairs to way up there?..............;)
MAGIC............. :)
I thought it was FM? ;)

Looking good Andy. It should be good to see that running.

Ken Brunt said:
THE HANDS OF GOD or if he's busy - Jane. ;-)
Ric Golding said:
Ken Brunt said:
:)
Ric Golding said:
Ken Brunt said:
What I figgered...........;)