Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's Town Freeman Spur

Looks good, Andy! I am looking forward to seeing that come October.

(I was hoping to see an unattended car on that bridge…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif))

Seems to me that that rule is redundant, gravity has it covered.

You could dare your ‘habituals’ to try!

John

Now if we could equip a car with hand brakes…

I think the real challenge to this puzzle is going to be what to do with the “outbounds” as you prep sidings for “inbounds”. But then again, that is always the challenge. Will the Freeman Spur Turn have a caboose? That is always the challenge at Overlook, to get the caboose on the correct end to head back.

Caboose, locomotive, boxcar, boxcar, gondola, boxcar, boxcar…sounds close enough for me. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Oh, you wanted the crummy on the other end? oh, huh.

Ric Golding said:

I think the real challenge to this puzzle is going to be what to do with the “outbounds” as you prep sidings for “inbounds”. But then again, that is always the challenge. Will the Freeman Spur Turn have a caboose? That is always the challenge at Overlook, to get the caboose on the correct end to head back.

Originally, my plan was to have cabooses on all trains… Cabooses currently are required on the Overlook local and the Industrial park local, as they both require a backup move… The Freeman Spur local doesn’t actually require a backup move… I don’t consider pushing cars back while switching as a backup move… Actual backup moves in my mind are backing up on mainlines…

I am considering requiring cabooses on all locals, even MCL-1 and 2… I have a picture of a P&L caboose. Since P&L and EVWR have the same paint scheme’s, I know how the caboose for EVWR should be painted and decaled…

East end of Freeman Spur… Mainline is in and switches are there for the 2 side tracks… Need to order switches to install the sidings…

West end pictures… Track is installed on the bridge…

Mainline coming off the bridge into freeman Spur… Mainline between switches gives me about 38 ft of train that I can make up to serve the town…

Exact train configuration is yet to be determined… Need to measure freight cars and see what I come up with…

That is so cool! Will it be in the upcoming operating session?

Matt Russell said:

That is so cool! Will it be in the upcoming operating session?

Ordered the siding switches from RLD yesterday… If the weather cooperates, all track should be completed… Buildings will be a ways off, however, I do have a couple of buildings for that area already…

Measured the inbound mainline, and did some train configurations…

Only time will tell…

Looking good. We all know Andy isnt the one behind the camera since he is too busy keeping the golf cart seat warm.

Shawn Viggiano said:

Looking good. We all know Andy isnt the one behind the camera since he is too busy keeping the golf cart seat warm.

Shawn, It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Andy Clarke said:

Shawn Viggiano said:

Shawn, It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Well, he IS the supervisor…somebody has to check Jane’s work…and it’s not nearly as easy as Andy makes it look…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I’ve GOT to visit you someday. Bringing it to Tulsa?

Tom Ruby said:

Newp Tom, not to Tulsa…

However, cumon up for an Ops session… Dates are listed on here, under events…

Tom Ruby said:

Tulsa to Andy’s is about half the time it takes me from VA. Well worth it from my view.

The below picture shows the north siding tracks in Freeman Spur…

Track at the bottom left will be for the grain elevator, which will take 4 covered hoppers at a time…

Tracks at the upper left will be the fuels storage area… This will consist of a warehouse building that will take one boxcar, and Liquid storage tanks that will take 3 tankcars…

Below shows the south side sidings…

First track at the bottom will be a Grocery warehouse… Delivery will be from Boxcars and refrigerator cars… Goods will depart the warehouse in trucks…

Track in the middle will be a Team track… Delivery will be done from boxcars and flatcars…

Track at the top right will be a factory of unknown material at this time… Goods will be shipped in boxcars…

Below is an overall shot of Freeman Spur…

Roadbed for the tracks at the top left, top right, and bottom right have been dug out and ballasted…

Track at the top right will be a factory of unknown material at this time… Goods will be shipped in boxcars…

You could have a golf cart factory…just a thought!

That looks outstanding Andy! What will be the train length going to freeman. 20 cars? And will the tankers be those usa trains 55 footers…

Matt Russell said:

That looks outstanding Andy! What will be the train length going to freeman. 20 cars? And will the tankers be those usa trains 55 footers…

Matt, The tankers will be 40 or 42 footers… I got a 6 more of USA’s 42 footers at the York Show…

Train length right now is at 14 cars… Mix of 40 and 50 footers…

Andy Clarke

Matt, The tankers will be 40 or 42 footers… I got a 6 more of USA’s 42 footers at the York Show…

Train length right now is at 14 cars… Mix of 40 and 50 footers…

Exciting!!! What’s the motive power?